Jagergeek

Any resources for comparing camera features?

The CCTV camera market is crowded with rebranded Chinese components.

It's not just as easy as 'you get what you pay for' - as I'm finding there are subtle but important differences between cameras.

I want to review cameras by CCD sensor type (Sony HAD, Super HAD II, ExView, Samsung, etc.) TVL, IR, true day/night, cut filter, OSD (with and without RS-485 access), DSP technology, ease of focus...etc.

I've googled until my eyes have crossed, but have not found a site or link to compare cameras by the many attributes.

Ideally, some kind of updated matrix table like you'd find on some Wikipedia pages would be useful.

And - why is it that manufacturers don't, by default, post sample images of each camera they sell?

It seems the market is intentionally confusing...or maybe it's just me

And - why is it that manufacturers don't, by default, post sample images of each camera they sell?

They claim they cant as each application is different, so if it performs great where they test it but the user puts it in a different type of application then it doesnt perform as well, guess they are scared they might get sued. There are tons of CNB demos on Youtube though, some I think setup by CNB staff.

Even there are 100 kinds of cameras, they can be arranged with CCD and DSP.

After this arrangement, they will be a few group then you can select the design or physically good one.