bluebastion

EZWatchpro 700 Line Resolution or ShoppingCCTV's cameras?

Need help choosing an outdoor camera for my system. I'm planning on setting up two fixed at the corner soffits of my two story house. It will be for surveying my front yard. My yard is only about 30-40 feet to the road.

Can someone tell me which is better between these two options?

EZWATCHPRO VP-IR-PLATINUM

"Vandal proof, weather proof, 45' night vision, 4-9mm vari-focal zoom lens and a 700 line high definition picture!"

Specifications:

Impact resistant metal housing

45' Nigth vision

4-9MM Manual Zoom Lens

Auto Iris

BNC Coax Connector

12V DC Power Connection

Wall or Ceiling Mount

4" Dome Diameter

OR

ShoppingCCTV.com's GW781A or GW707H

These are a little bit cheaper but are bullet style (I prefer the dome since it will be highly visible from the front of the house).

I'd post links to all the products but don't want to break forum rules.

Also... If I buy the DVR system from Shopping CCTV (I'm looking at GW9104V3 or GW2554SV3, difference seems to only be one has H.264 capabilities), will it work with the EZWATCHPRO cameras?

Sorry I'm pretty newb... but what I do understand is that the higher the resolution rating is the better your chance to have a positive ID on a future offender.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Chris

bump....

I know these are entry level cameras, and I'm on a tight budget and time frame (baby will be born in less than a month, and I don't want to have someone installing the system when the baby's here).

Anyways.. I'll post the links for the cameras so that you guys can get a quick look. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance..

EZWATCHPRO:

http://www.ezwatch-security-cameras.com/shop/700-Line-Resolution-Vandal-Proof-Night-Vision-Vari-focal-Color-Dome-Camera-p-17028.html

or ShoppingCCTV.com:

http://shoppingcctv.com/product_info.php?cPath=126_129&products_id=1544

or the other ShoppingCCTV.com camera:

http://shoppingcctv.com/product_info.php?cPath=126_129&products_id=1524

I don't have experience with the cameras you are looking at, but from the spec I would imagine both will be fine for your home CCTV system.

So if you prefer the apperance of a dome, go with the dome camera.

Hi Chris,

You mentioned a baby? I have much experience with the VP-IR-Platinum. It is a product offered by EZ Watch Pro. The software is what drives these cameras.

Any time a baby is in the equation, you should automatically consider the best product for your money. My wife and I have a little girl that is eight months old and we have the Vivotek IP7142 cameras. Awesome product!

The quality of the VP-IR-PLATINUM camera is exceptional, with 700 line resolution AND they are night vision cameras. For the money, you can't beat them. They are approximately $200 per camera and $410 for the capture card. All in all, they are a great product that gives you many options. Call us if you have any questions or concerns, we will be happy to assist! (330) 806-4229.

Brent

Smart Digital