Razesdark

Saving and loading Axis configuration

Hey guys!

I'm doing some research for a nice camera we can use in a project to analyse the raw materials we use to create our steel.

We place the camera's over our conveyorbelts which carrey the raw materials to the factories. These camera's shoot 1 image a minute and upload them to a FTP server.

Here our lab logs in and analyses the images using Labview and create a KPI of it to indicate the quality of the raw material (size and shape).

Now we already learned allot while doing the tests. One being that a diffuse light is the best and that using the same setting every time is the best way to reduce time to create new algorithms. But we had 1 camera who died and when we replaced it the zoom lens shifted a tad and we had to create a new algorithm!

Since we want to create a standard , and adapt all 8 locations we have atm to that new standard, I'm searching for a camera which can be used in all occasions.

My plan was to use the AXIS Q1755. It has a built in lens and allows us to zoom in the distance. But furthermore, my idea was to save all the configuration settings so that if the camera dies, I place a new one and load up the configuration and the zoom will be exactly like the previous camera, thus enabling us to use the same algorithm.

However, I can't find an option to save the configuration other then the log files where I can request up the parameters.

So, does anyone have any experiance with configuration files and Axis devices ?

Here's a sample of images I shoot. It's of a running conveyor belt, moving at about 2 meter per second

the axis camera manger lets you create a template from a cameras settings and then apply it to like cameras. its a free download

Hey guys!

I'm doing some research for a nice camera we can use in a project to analyse the raw materials we use to create our steel.

We place the camera's over our conveyorbelts which carrey the raw materials to the factories. These camera's shoot 1 image a minute and upload them to a FTP server.

Here our lab logs in and analyses the images using Labview and create a KPI of it to indicate the quality of the raw material (size and shape).

Now we already learned allot while doing the tests. One being that a diffuse light is the best and that using the same setting every time is the best way to reduce time to create new algorithms. But we had 1 camera who died and when we replaced it the zoom lens shifted a tad and we had to create a new algorithm!

Since we want to create a standard , and adapt all 8 locations we have atm to that new standard, I'm searching for a camera which can be used in all occasions.

My plan was to use the AXIS Q1755. It has a built in lens and allows us to zoom in the distance. But furthermore, my idea was to save all the configuration settings so that if the camera dies, I place a new one and load up the configuration and the zoom will be exactly like the previous camera, thus enabling us to use the same algorithm.

However, I can't find an option to save the configuration other then the log files where I can request up the parameters.

So, does anyone have any experiance with configuration files and Axis devices ?

Here's a sample of images I shoot. It's of a running conveyor belt, moving at about 2 meter per second