qman

Funny story

Doing a job at a very bad bulding over here in town, 16 cameras, 14 of them, a little high, in exterior housings, and 2 of them ARMOR DOME.

Well, last friday the wiring and camera installation was done, so the DVR was coming in today, but on sunday, I went to the jobsite, and I saw something that in all honestly, made me laugh!!!

Someone ripped the 2 armor domes and stole them, mind you that they where installed into BRICK, with 1' 1/2" Screws. But that's not all, they where so messed up, that they even broke down the metal EMT piping that was protecting the line!!!

So anyhow, they where Wizkid Armor Domes, WZ35 series, so you know how much of a loss we took there.

Funny thing is that the cameras are useless to sell, cause the morons not only took the cameras, but ripped the power and bnc connectors from the camera's board!!!

Anyhow, putting two new ones tomorrow, and I think that we'll solder this ones instead.

WZ35, what is that?? the WZ30 series is actually very inexpensive, much less than Provideo even.

Someone really wanted those cameras, makes no sense .. sounds like another CCTV company tiefed them ..

sounds like they need an alarm more than anything ..

I had somebody pull the camera off the wall in a secure gated area. No other damage to the building. I reported it the police as a theft.

Edited by Guest

Thats why I have my parking lot cameras hidden behind a bunch of plants in the window, and my inside apartment cameras... well are in my space

Thats why I have $50 cameras so if they steal them, who cares The criminals are still recorded to the DVR and the cameras did their job ..