kirkscoobz

DB9 M/F - can i connect to pc and view live footage

Sorry, it is the Avtech 674

you could just make a crossover network cable to go from your dvr to pc and use the avtech remote software.

soundy,

Many thanks for that.

tomcctv,

How would i get hold of one of these cross over cables, i only really want to view the image through my p.c., i cant really use softwear with internet as i have no net connection as yet.

Cheers.

Any computer store should be able to provide a crossover cable... of you can connect the two via any handy network switch, hub or router.

soundy,

Nice one for info, lastly - when i purchase the cross over cable would this show up in my pc menu under my computer as an external drive, sorry to ask what may seem a silly question as i am not pc tech minded.

Cheers.

soundy,

Nice one for info, lastly - when i purchase the cross over cable would this show up in my pc menu under my computer as an external drive, sorry to ask what may seem a silly question as i am not pc tech minded.

Cheers.

when you bought your dvr it will of had a disk remote server software. you need to load that onto your pc to be able to view

Yes - i have just loaded the softwear, so if i purchase an - X OVER CAT5e cable i should view the camera image on this softwear on my pc. am i right saying this.

Cheers.

Yes - i have just loaded the softwear, so if i purchase an - X OVER CAT5e cable i should view the camera image on this softwear on my pc. am i right saying this.

Cheers.

yes. and you could make your own crossover cable.

soundy & tomcctv,

You two are real nice, thanks for your time in explaining to me on how this system works, i have had a look on e bay and a cable costs some thing around a few pounds, wicked,

Take care and all the best.

I wouldn't bother with fleaBay if you have any computer stores nearby - it shouldn't cost any more at retail, and you won't have to worry about getting some piece of junk in the mail

Ok, you may be right there, dont know if you know of the store Argos, i will go up there in the morning now and let you know when i have rigged it all up

Until then,

Cheers.

Ok, you may be right there, dont know if you know of the store Argos, i will go up there in the morning now and let you know when i have rigged it all up

Until then,

Cheers.

Hi you will not get one from argos ............. maplins £4

Until then,

Cheers.

Hi you will not get one from argos ............. maplins £4

were are you ???? and how long do you want it ........... ill make one up for you