tokenzhu

60Hz Systems in a 50Hz Country

What sort of issues would effect a full US NTSC system that was packed up and shipped to 240VAC/50Hz country? The monitor is auto switching. The DVR is on a auto switching power block. The cameras are 24VDC.

I imagine the system would work but I'm concerned the 50Hz could have an effect on the cameras but I'm also thinking since the cameras were manufactured overseas it wouldn't be a problem.

Thoughts?

What sort of issues would effect a full US NTSC system that was packed up and shipped to 240VAC/50Hz country? The monitor is auto switching. The DVR is on a auto switching power block. The cameras are 24VDC.

I imagine the system would work but I'm concerned the 50Hz could have an effect on the cameras but I'm also thinking since the cameras were manufactured overseas it wouldn't be a problem.

Thoughts?

does your dvr have a plug in power supply or is it built into the dvr.

Thoughts?

The DVR has an external power supply akin to that of a laptop.

Thoughts?

The DVR has an external power supply akin to that of a laptop.

then i think it would be better than having power converters and addaptors you update your power supply this type is duel voltage and is 50/60Hz auto switch around £20 and you can use it anywere in the world.

12VDC5ALCDPowerAdapter-1.jpg

"

then i think it would be better than having power converters and addaptors you update your power supply this type is duel voltage and is 50/60Hz auto switch around £20 and you can use it anywere in the world.

"

So voltage frequency does not affect CCTV cameras? My thought is if an NTSC camera functions at 30fps and the 'fps' part of that is calculated off of the voltage frequency then changing that frequency to 50Hz would change the resulting image.

If the cameras are DC-powered, there is no "voltage frequency" for them to draw from.

Most electronics of these sorts have their own internal clocks anyway.

The cameras are 24VDC? That's extremely rare. You might want to double-check that. Typical camera power is either 12VDC or 24VAC.

As long as your voltage is 24v than doesn't matter which adapter you use.

Just think notebook adapters are being used every country. Because their type auto 50hz/60hz.

This level important one the signal source is mismatch with the display. Like pal - ntsc.

Excellent. Thanks guys.

I did double check and the cameras are DC. Old Supercircuits cameras/system.

Now I'm trying to track down a compatible HDD for the DVR...