SAJEEL

Audio Help

A client of mine needs audio installed, current setup is 16ch standalone dvr setup on lan, has audio inputs and output, i will be using loop in microphone / or stand alone microphone. From my knowledge i need to run power for mic, rca wire for audio, 2x rca connectors, pre amp (any suggestions ?) also can audio be heard live and is recording assigned to a particular channel ? , client would like to be able view live recordings on lan using laptop and view 16ch and listen to live audio.

Any help is appreciated, let me know if you require any more information.

Regards,

Sajeel Noor

A client of mine needs audio installed,

Where are you located? Audio surveillance is illegal in some jurisdictions.

current setup is 16ch standalone dvr setup on lan, has audio inputs and output, i will be using loop in microphone / or stand alone microphone. From my knowledge i need to run power for mic,

Only if it's a condenser mic. Use a dynamic, and you won't need to power it, and you shouldn't need a pre-amp.

also can audio be heard live and is recording assigned to a particular channel ? , client would like to be able view live recordings on lan using laptop and view 16ch and listen to live audio.

That would depend on the DVR. Many record the audio channel(s) independent of the video channel(s). Some will let you select the audio channel for live/playback independent of the video channel, others allow you to assign each audio channel to a specific video channel(s)...