Hello Everybody..

I have a few queries regarding the connectivity criteria for Arecont IP cameras.

I've got a number of 1310DNs that are showing up ‘unable to load camera feed’ despite being pingable and http connectivity to the camera being present from the System Manager server.

On the Discover IP/network camera function from the smart recorder these cameras are showing up as being ‘unknown areconts’.

Basically I would like to know what diagnostics I could run from the network point the cameras are plugged into back to the smartrecorder to ensure that network connectivity is completely present. It would be nice to be able to find out why these particular cameras are not feeding to the smartrecorder.

Wireshark analysis etc? Its wierd because they seem sometimes to be intermittently contactable but then the feed drops off again.

I'm new to the whole CCTV thing really so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

We had a bunch of strange problems with some Areconts with Vigil DVRs, which were generally addressed with firmware updates. I'm told Arecont's SDK is a pain in the arse to work with.

Yeh I was suspecting the firmware as we are a couple versions behind.. just asking arecont support what the latest correct version is ..

The guys from 3VR now seem to think its some problem with the dual streaming on JMPEG and H.264.

I tested streaming through both on VLC and only the H.264 was sending a picture so maybe thats the root of the problem..

The saga continues.