JeffWasHere

curious about the Geovision gv-600

This seems like a reasonably priced card for a 4 channel system.. Will windows recognize this card and see all 4 channels? Im just curious because i might not want to use the software that comes with it, and the software i have been using will see it if windows sees it. Is there a wdm driver for this card?

Also does this card have mpeg4 or h264 hardware compression? It seems a few different sites had different details on this card..

Thanks for any help

This seems like a reasonably priced card for a 4 channel system.. Will windows recognize this card and see all 4 channels? Im just curious because i might not want to use the software that comes with it, and the software i have been using will see it if windows sees it. Is there a wdm driver for this card?

Also does this card have mpeg4 or h264 hardware compression? It seems a few different sites had different details on this card..

Thanks for any help

No such thing.

This is a software compression card. Might not like the software? Hmmm... I am not sure about that. One of the best out there, unless you don't like clicking your mouse to control your computer

As far as "No such Thing" im not sure what you are talking about.. do you mean no wdm drivers? cuz there is such a thing as a hardware compression card..

Ok... does the geovision software do some of these options:

Each camera having independent settings .. like i want a text alert from camera1 on tuesdays from 2am-4am and on wednesdays from 7pm-9pm with a 2 minute interval setting.

Then on camera4 i want a picture text alert on saturdays from 10pm-4am with a 30 minute interval between text messages.

And on camera7 i want a picture emailed to me every 1 second when there is motion on fridays from 12am-6am and also everyday from 2am-4am.

And i want camera3 and camera6 to copy recordings to an ftp server.

And i want camera2 to picture text 3 different people wed-sundays from 8pm to 3am with 12 second intervals between texts?

Thats just a few of the things i need... Does geovision do all this?