markg0183

help with video ouput...

hello guys! im new here in cctv forums and new also in cctv installation. im working here in saudi arabia and we have a project on this villa. i have this problem on my video output. i am attaching a diagram about the setup and also the solution i had made which i dont think is is right. anyway my main problem actually in only on the video output. i got a wavy image output on my monitor. what i did is i connected a video isolator and it seems to solve the problem for a while, but after two weeks the problem just got worse. the output on the monitor started blinking (on the monitor you can see an image but after a while it will turn off, then on then off repeatedly). so what i did is i remove the isolator then it stops blinking but the wavy image just get worse. im really new in installing cctv cameras and i know there is something wrong with what i did. im really confused guys. your inputs will be greatly appreciated. thank you so much.

*** sorry for my bad english..

589714090_dvrdrawing.thumb.png.dec7b12ac9fc8b05e79f1a844d70ab5b.png

balun.thumb.png.9d37d6da22bdf7bc0d38d68f6279e069.png

Is the picture clear when viewed on televisions connected to the CATV box? Actually, your diagram is missing a modulator to convert composite video to RF video to be put on a channel for the television to view.

If the video is clear on the CATV end, then I'd lean towards the monitor being the problem. Can you test it with another video source to be sure it is operating properly?

Make sure your RG59 cables are connected well and are not running near other electrical wires for long lengths.

Adam, I think he's using the composite output from the CATV tuner box.

Mark, you don't say what this setup is doing (it would help if the video amp diagram showed which line was the input), but it looks to me like you're trying to record the CATV feed on a channel of the DVR, by taking its composite output from the CATV box, and splitting that to the DVR and monitor?

Where in the diagram are inserting the isolator?

The wavy lines are almost certainly a ground-loop issue, and I'd be willing to bet the CATV box is the center of the problem... not the box itself, necessarily... quite possibly a bad ground on the CATV cable. Remember that all the signal grounds on the CATV box are probably common, so for example, if there's a bad or noisy ground on the CATV cable, that will translate to the ground on its composite output... which would then translate into the common ground on the video amp as well.

I could suggest some troubleshooting steps, but clarifying the layout first would help.

thanks for the reply sir andy and sir adam. i went to the villa today and what i did is i put a y-connector on the dvr so that the monitor is directly connected to the dvr. now the system is working fine. it seems that there is a problem in the video amplifier. anyway thanks again! this forums is of much help for beginners like us. God bless!