coxcctv

Ghosting over Cat 5

Please can someone help me? I recently replaced some cams on an existing domestic install, all wired with Cat 5 and baluns. On two of the cameras I am experiencing 'ghosting' when I release either camera from the dvr the 'ghosting' goes. All colours match on the cables, but the power supplies are remote from the dvr, this is only a domestic install so the runs aren't long. Any ideas ??

It's ghosting with both cams regardless of which is unplugged??

If you have'nt a ground-loop isolator to test cam by cam I'd start with swapping some baluns around to see what's what.

Let me know how you get on.

G'luck.

Please can someone help me? I recently replaced some cams on an existing domestic install, all wired with Cat 5 and baluns. On two of the cameras I am experiencing 'ghosting' when I release either camera from the dvr the 'ghosting' goes. All colours match on the cables, but the power supplies are remote from the dvr, this is only a domestic install so the runs aren't long. Any ideas ??

This screams "ground loop".

What cameras did you remove, and what are the new ones? Do they both use the same power supply? I bet the old ones were dual-voltage or had internal power regulators, and the new ones don't...