Sign in to follow this  
deejay

Looking for a new 16-Input analog DVR Card

I had a DVB-9448 from Eyemax. The camera's should have been installed already but I've had nothing but issues.

PC:

• Intel H55 Mobo
  • Intel Core i5 Quad Core (3.2Ghz)
  • Radeon 5450 Video Card
  • 4 Gigs of Ram
  • Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU
  • WD 640GB Internal Drive (O/S)
  • WD 2TB Internal Drive (Video Storage)
  • WIN7 32/64bit

I had an Eyemax DVB-9448 Card. After 1 week of being on the phone with tech support constantly with no resolution, I've finally had enough.

I just called another company to talk to tech support. They said there should be no issue with my Motherboard or Video Cards (Considering I've tried 3)..

Likely a faulty card.

I'm going to call the company I originally bought the system through (Card, Camera's, etc.) and return the card.

However I'm not very comfortable with all the issues this board has (Only certain Video Cards/Motherboards).

I need something straightforward, easy to use (I can set up no problem, however the main user, my father, is not very tech savvy and needs a simple remote interface.).

Here's basically what I need:

Viewing/Recording at a decent frame rate (Preferably 15FPS+/16 Cameras)

Remote access for up to 10 users.

Iphone/Android support would be cool, but thats not an issue.

I want something that is capable of that and is fairly straightforward. Comes with a solid manual and has solid quality. I've been looking into Avermedia.

The cost of the DVB-9448 was roughly $850, but I've been ok'd to go up to roughly $1000.

Any suggestions?

look into Divis 48016

It works fine with an ATI video card.

you can mix IP and regular camera.

Does the company actually have a site where I can read up on it? I'm trying to go with a company that actually is somewhat easy to find/get a hold of.