Sign in to follow this  
brale76578

ProNet DVR 4 / IPhone

Maybe I am trying to do the impossible but any input would be great. I own a Swann ProNet DVR 4 which is networked and I would like to view it on an IPhone 3G. From what I have researched it’s said that the IPhone will not run Java applets, which in my opinion is just another way to upset an Apple user. Now I did some research and found a program called "Cloud Browse" that will allow me to run Java applets on a IPhone but it has to connect through their server. I feel as though the video stream could be delayed quite a bit and I don’t know if I trust having to use their server. Also people complained about extra expenses beyond the 99 cent for the program, like a monthly fee for increased speed. Then I though about what happens if I use VNC software, then I would be able to view what I see on my home computer just on my phone instead then I wouldn’t even need to use java I could view my video server program on my desktop. I was wondering if anyone has tried this or even though about trying it?

Maybe I am trying to do the impossible but any input would be great. I own a Swann ProNet DVR 4 which is networked and I would like to view it on an IPhone 3G. From what I have researched it’s said that the IPhone will not run Java applets, which in my opinion is just another way to upset an Apple user. Now I did some research and found a program called "Cloud Browse" that will allow me to run Java applets on a IPhone but it has to connect through their server. I feel as though the video stream could be delayed quite a bit and I don’t know if I trust having to use their server. Also people complained about extra expenses beyond the 99 cent for the program, like a monthly fee for increased speed. Then I though about what happens if I use VNC software, then I would be able to view what I see on my home computer just on my phone instead then I wouldn’t even need to use java I could view my video server program on my desktop. I was wondering if anyone has tried this or even though about trying it?

hi iphones do run java. but you have to switch it on in your phone menu. and your dvr does have a iphone app.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/swannview/id416404340?mt=8

I have sat here for the last hour trying to get this to work. I went and installed the SwannView Software for IPhone but it’s not working, I enter the addresses inside and outside of my home network and it searches and nothing comes up. The software you gave me the link for I believe is only compatible with certain types of DVR's and I don’t believe my DVR is one of them at least from what I have researched on Swann website. Now as for running the video web server on my IPhone through safari web browser I get to the login page and then after that I click submit and all I get is "The requested URL is not found on this server" and the same thing happens on my IMAC. I have no problem on any of my 4 other pc's trying to get this to work, it’s just seems Apple is giving me a problem. Thank you for any help it is greatly appreciated.

I have sat here for the last hour trying to get this to work. I went and installed the SwannView Software for IPhone but it’s not working, I enter the addresses inside and outside of my home network and it searches and nothing comes up. The software you gave me the link for I believe is only compatible with certain types of DVR's and I don’t believe my DVR is one of them at least from what I have researched on Swann website. Now as for running the video web server on my IPhone through safari web browser I get to the login page and then after that I click submit and all I get is "The requested URL is not found on this server" and the same thing happens on my IMAC. I have no problem on any of my 4 other pc's trying to get this to work, it’s just seems Apple is giving me a problem. Thank you for any help it is greatly appreciated.

how old is your pro dvr ???? is it silver or black.

Tom I wanted to thank you for solving my problem, I installed the software and now im viewing the camera's on my IPhone. I would not have figured that out if it wasnt for you and I truly appreciate your time.