torbenc

Monacor dmr-140 runthrough

I was asked to find a cheap and easy to use CCTV solution for a private home.

With a budget on $600, I found the Monacor dmr-140, with 4 channels 50/60 fps (Pal/NTSC) total.

Out of the box, this unit does not have a harddrive, but supports saving through the net interface etc.

I bought a 500gb SATA disc, and fittet it in the Monacor dmr-140, in the build-in HDD-slot.

Turned the unit on, and clicked ok to format the disc - Few minuts after the unit was ready.

The software in the Monacor dmr-140, is excactly the same, as in my own older Avermedia DVR-recorder - Just a newer version ofcourse.

Easy to find out, and after only 20 min setup, I had tweaked everything setup as it should be, with motion detection zones etc.

The unit has a html access feature, and also acces with DxClient (or PCviewer)

The system is running with 4 Swan SW311 - Not a camera I love, but for this project it was fine (and easy to get)

The Monacor dmr-140 comes with a 5x12v splitter, so you only need 1 power supply for all your cameras, and the DVR unit.

All in all I think this unit is value for the money. At a $200 price, I don't think you can get anything else, that is so easy to setup, and use (correct me if im wrong)

But features like playback while recording, is not possible. You have to pause the recording, to watch playback.

Total cost for this unit, 4 cameras, a 500gb disc and all cables $560 !

It took me 2 hours to install all cameras, and setup the DVR unit - Almost to easy

dont know how you have desided its like the avermedia. if anyone looks at the Monacor dmr-140 spec and the aver spec avers wins hands down.

30fps across all in total. has got to be the cheapest system ever and at cif.

dont know how you have desided its like the avermedia. if anyone looks at the Monacor dmr-140 spec and the aver spec avers wins hands down.

Again you do not read what people write!

I do not write anything about it's like the Avermedia, I write that it runs the same software!

I do not write anything about it's like the Avermedia, I write that it runs the same software!

like or runs the aver software is the same thing. and no it does not run the avers software.

and i did read your post. would you like me to point out your mistakes.

you say 50/60 fps that dvr cant do that. 7 fps max.

so explain why you think its the same as the avers. and the reason why i replied to your post is so as others can see it is not the same as the avers. and also it is a very poor dvr for $200

like or runs the aver software is the same thing. and no it does not run the avers software.

and i did read your post. would you like me to point out your mistakes.

you say 50/60 fps that dvr cant do that. 7 fps max.

so explain why you think its the same as the avers. and the reason why i replied to your post is so as others can see it is not the same as the avers. and also it is a very poor dvr for $200

I have before asked you to stay out of my threads - And yet you don't!

THE MONACOR DMR-140 RUNS THE SAME SOFTWARE AS MY AVERMEDIA

It has a total FPS on 50/60 ( http://www.monacor.dk/produkter/overvaagning-hdrecorder/vnr/181880/ )

And again - Stay out of my threads! I don't wanna use my time on discussing with you!

Everytime I write anything, you attack me! Get a life!

I have before asked you to stay out of my threads - And yet you don't!

THE MONACOR DMR-140 RUNS THE SAME SOFTWARE AS MY AVERMEDIA

It has a total FPS on 50/60 ( http://www.monacor.dk/produkter/overvaagning-hdrecorder/vnr/181880/ )

And again - Stay out of my threads! I don't wanna use my time on discussing with you!

Everytime I write anything, you attack me! Get a life!

your dvr does NOT run avermedia software. thats the second time you have said it. this is a public forum and if you are going to compaire dvrs for others to see then get your facts right.

on the spec you have posted on that dvr is live view only at 25fps . recording is 25fps/ pal - 30fps ntsc in total.

And I will say it a 3rd time, specially for you!

THE MONACOR DMR-140 RUNS THE SAME SOFTWARE AS MY AVERMEDIA EB1004.

In the link I supplied, it's cleary written 50 fps.

In the software, you have 50/60 fps to do with.

The 25/30 fps is what you can set each camera to MAX (if you only uses 2 camera, you can set them to 25/30 fps)

The Monacor DMR-140 has a total on 50/60 fps - End of discussion!

Get your facts right!

I have reported you for inappropriate behaivoir.

The 25/30 fps is what you can set each camera to MAX (if you only uses 2 camera, you can set them to 25/30 fps)

Get your facts right!

you can report me to ever you want. read the post you are the nasty one. all as i am doing is letting people who read this forum that the dvr you say runs avermedia software does not. and that the information you have posted about that dvr is also inaccurate. and also from your link the spec of your dvr. please (see i said please) read it.

Video Output Channel 1 channel Composite BNC

NTSC 120 frames/second 4×30 frames/second

Display Frame Rate

PAL 100 frames /second 4×25 frames/second

NTSC Max.30 fps (Quad) Quad Mode

Recording Frame Rate

PAL Max.25 fps (Quad) Quad Mode

NTSC

Each Channel =

30 fps ÷ Number of Cameras

Max. 30 frames/s (Total)

Recording Frame Rate

(Each Mode)

PAL

Each Channel =

25 fps ÷ Number of Cameras

Max. 25 frames/s (Total)

rory dvr spec page 17 ............. i cant see 50fps at all on the spec.

This is from the spec sheet, page 2

dmr-140.thumb.jpg.23ba50423e0dbefe45d9a447717fe352.jpg

Get your facts right!

you can report me to ever you want. read the post you are the nasty one. all as i am doing is letting people who read this forum that the dvr you say runs avermedia software does not. and that the information you have posted about that dvr is also inaccurate. and also from your link the spec of your dvr. please (see i said please) read it.

Display Frame Rate

Recording Frame Rate

NTSC

Each Channel =

30 fps ÷ Number of Cameras

Max. 30 frames/s (Total)

Recording Frame Rate

(Each Mode)

PAL

Each Channel =

25 fps ÷ Number of Cameras

Max. 25 frames/s (Total)

And the 25/30 fps is still the max pr. channel - It has a total on 50/60 fps!!!

Im the nasty one? You are the one attacking me every time I write a post here! I have the facts right - and had hands on both units - wich you obviously never had!

rory dvr spec page 17 ............. i cant see 50fps at all on the spec.

This is from the spec sheet, page 2

[attachment=0]dmr-140.jpg[/attachment]

nope still cant find that page (page2) in the manual. but ok rory lets take your spec 50images is still only 25fps across the 4 cameras.

my point to all this post is this dvr can not be compared to a avermedia the Monacor dmr-140 does not run avermedia software and the company never will.

Get your facts right!

Display Frame Rate

Recording Frame Rate

NTSC

Each Channel =

30 fps ÷ Number of CamerasMax. 30 frames/s (Total)

Recording Frame Rate

(Each Mode)

PAL

Each Channel =

25 fps ÷ Number of CamerasMax. 25 frames/s (Total)

And the 25/30 fps is still the max pr. channel - It has a total on 50/60 fps!!!

Im the nasty one? You are the one attacking me every time I write a post here! I have the facts right - and had hands on both units - wich you obviously never had!

listen torbenc i am not having a go ok. now read the spec it says 25fps divided by.............. not total

instead of you thinking i am having a go at you ......... why not look at it the other way and you are learning something.... or are you not man enough for that.

First of all, you don't get that I DONT COMPARE IT WITH THE AVERMEDIA!

In the Monacor software, you can set 2 channels to 25/30 fps, and if you are using all 4, 12/15 fps.

A image and a frame is the same - also in the uk.

I learn everything I can - But why should listen to you, when you are wrong? Be a man, and accept that you are wrong, and stay out of my posts!

I can write in my signature that you should not write in my postes? Is that easier for you?

First of all, you don't get that I DONT COMPARE IT WITH THE AVERMEDIA!

In the Monacor software, you can set 2 channels to 25/30 fps, and if you are using all 4, 12/15 fps.

A image and a frame is the same - also in the uk.

I learn everything I can - But why should listen to you, when you are wrong? Be a man, and accept that you are wrong, and stay out of my posts!

I can write in my signature that you should not write in my postes? Is that easier for you?

no a frame is not the same as image. 50 images = 25fps

well going by the manual the software is very similar to the Avermedia for the DVR that both the OP posted and the EB1304 that I have personally used.

As for the fps or ips .. figures they are the same.

But regardless it says 50ips total depending on resolution, so if the resolution is set t0 highest then it likely wont give you more than 20-30 - AFAIK same as the AVERMEDIA. Note, the "Old" avermedia, so since 2-3 years ago it may have changed.

Main menu is very similar:

avandmon.png.7abc51b80c4b9dd1ec220e31d6ae64ec.png

*mod hat on*

Now now, children, calm down. It appears (at least to me) from Rory's post that tom and torb are talking about two different versions of machines... possibly two different versions of the manuals and two different specs of both the Aver *and* the Monacor systems. This petty bickering is pointless - how about we just agree to disagree?

torb, I'm closing your report, but your complaint is noted. tom, please try to be a little gentler on the noobs

*mod hat off*

*ahem*

"Could you please continue your petty bickering? I find it most intriguing." - Lt. Cmdr. Data

Just kidding