Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

EH5216 and DST

Anyone know if they fixed the Day Light Savings setting on the EH5216 (MPEG4 version) I installed a few of them a year ago and the one basic function it was missing was the yearly DST. You could set it up but it was by date and not day so it was only good for one year and then you have to go back and set up a new date for the year after instead of using the normal logic other DVR's have which is the second Sunday in March at 2am and the first Sunday in November at 2am.

Thanks

I had my question answered today.

Looks like DST is not at the top of Avermedia's list of things to fix. Been over a year now with no fix.

Hi 3RDIGLBL. just looking at making a patch. it will take a few days. simple fix. were you enter time and date for summer time change. instead of day/month/year. looking at removing year and having that change automatically with the dvr clock. and that will sort it out.

this will be done on the decembers 2010 update software. so please update your dvr if you have not done so.

I had my question answered today.

Looks like DST is not at the top of Avermedia's list of things to fix. Been over a year now with no fix.

Hi 3RDIGLBL. just looking at making a patch. it will take a few days. simple fix. were you enter time and date for summer time change. instead of day/month/year. looking at removing year and having that change automatically with the dvr clock. and that will sort it out.

this will be done on the decembers 2010 update software. so please update your dvr if you have not done so.

Tom. I spoke to a product lead at AverMedia and they said the dst issue is not fixed and he has no idea if it will ever be fixed. I told him then I'm not selling anymore. So let's say it's my word against a criminal and there happened to be criminal activity on the day of DST. The time would be off by one hour for a 24 hr period and if it's been a couple years since changing it on the DVR then it's a 48 hour period. It's such a simple feature that is even on the lowest cost DVR's that I don't understand why it's been over a year since I've been complaining and they still haven't fixed it.

I find it unacceptable.

Simply say the 2nd Sunday of March and the 1st Sunday of November every year and the time difference is one hr. Why so hard?