I am seeking other alternatives to ONSSI for management of our IP camera system. We have approximately 45 IP cameras and plan to add more. I am curious if there is another more cost efficient system that is just as effective without the expensive per camera license fee.

Thanks.

I am seeking other alternatives to ONSSI for management of our IP camera system. We have approximately 45 IP cameras and plan to add more. I am curious if there is another more cost efficient system that is just as effective without the expensive per camera license fee.

Thanks.

Avigilon rocks !

Check out:

Avigilon

Exacq

Mirasys

Nuuo

They all have pros and cons, but if you've been using one system for a while you should hopefully know what features you really use and need, and maybe also what you'd like it to do extra.

Thanks.

What do you like and dislike about ONSSI? also what version are you using?

Check out Avigilon Standard.

http://www.avigilon.com/products/controlcenter/overview/

It's very cost-effective even with non-Avigilon cameras. It lacks some features but it's just as powerful as their Enterprise edition. The best part is their software is a one-time cost, there is no license renewal and I've never had to pay for support, software updates and new features.

I am looking for a more cost efficient alternative that does not have a high license fee for each camara.

This may not exist. Just thought I would investigate and get some opinions.

Does anyone know how ONSSI compares to Geovision?

Hi bbrooks,

It is quite easy to get hold of a trial license of the Avigilon standard software, it is a stripped down version of the Enterprise software. However only the seldom used features have been removed really.

Do be aware that the Standard edition of the software will only allow you to run a maximum of 24 cameras per NVR, its important to bear this in mind when selecting a version of the software to use.

I am new to the forum however my knowledge of Avigilon products is extremely high and I have plenty of experience in the IP & mega pixel side of things. I thought I would sign up and offer up my expertise on Avigilon to whoever wants or needs it.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi bbrooks,

It is quite easy to get hold of a trial license of the Avigilon standard software, it is a stripped down version of the Enterprise software. However only the seldom used features have been removed really.

Do be aware that the Standard edition of the software will only allow you to run a maximum of 24 cameras per NVR, its important to bear this in mind when selecting a version of the software to use.

I am new to the forum however my knowledge of Avigilon products is extremely high and I have plenty of experience in the IP & mega pixel side of things. I thought I would sign up and offer up my expertise on Avigilon to whoever wants or needs it.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob are you a dealer?