Hey guys first post so hi all

Been lurking for a while so thought i would better register

Thinking of buying a DVR and Cameras for a home cctv set up

Could i have some advice and thoughts on this set up from you guys please

Thinking of using this camera-

[edit by mod-store link removed]

with

[edit by mod-store links removed]

Im a bit confused on the TVL specs of cameras , im assuming as the max recording pixels of the dvr im thinking of purchasing is 704 x 576 pixels

any camera rated higher than this is a waste as i wont be able to record at this resolution ?

The camera i have selected is 960x 582 at 650TVL which im assuming is a bit overkill and i should go for something like 540 tvl ?

any advice much appreciated , or links to better equipment , looking to purchase next week!!

cheers

hi. it depends on what your budget is. and remember google is a very powerful tool. do a check on both of your links. the camera site ..... no contact numbers do a ip check and he sells from home. so what is the support going to be like. you cant even pick up its all post. so just that alone i would walk away from that camera.

the avtech dvr you could do better for a few £££ more. have a read though the forum for a few days plan your system take a look at camera snapshots in the forum

The camera you selected it's really too strong for that DVR.

That DVR has 704 x 576 pixels and totally 30 IPS at that resolution (it means you can see real time video only with one camera installed).

If you want real time video with 4 cameras you need to low resolution to CIF 352×240 pixels.

If you want a fluent video don't forget to check it's IPS (now "full D1" dvrs can offer real time video at best resolution for all channels).

If you have any smart phone and want to access to your dvr, check carefully that your model is supported by dvr (sometimes you can have a try using the demo site of the company).

thanks for the advice guys

i have changed my mind on the DVR ,

im thinking of getting this one , it says it will record at 25FPS across all 4 channels on d1 spec

any comments on this one guys ?

doesnt seem bad for £140

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350445286286&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

or if you had a £170 budget , which DVR would you chose ?

thanks again

thanks for the advice guys

i have changed my mind on the DVR ,

im thinking of getting this one , it says it will record at 25FPS across all 4 channels on d1 spec

any comments on this one guys ?

doesnt seem bad for £140

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350445286286&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

or if you had a £170 budget , which DVR would you chose ?

thanks again

£140 sounds like a good price. or does it ...... sata H/drive £65 that makes your dvr worth £75 and for that price it is going to have problems. the main problem will be getting your footage off lots of post on here about not getting the footage off cheap dvrs. thats why they are cheap. and support .... does not matter what they say on ebay you will not get any.

the heart of your system is the dvr. you dont want to be buying it twice. if you are on a budget then build your system in stages.

just buy a brand name dvr ... look at avermedia or the apollo dvr (dahua) both can be updated and both have support.

a cheap dvr from ebay does not give you basic Requirements needed with you being in the uk. http://www.cctvengineer.com/home%20office.pdf

Tom how much should I expect to spend on a solid 8channel DVR that that is D1 and reliable and supports mobile viewing?