Soundy

Monitor/camera combo units

Anyone got some good suggestions? You know, the customer-awareness monitors with the built-in camera like you'd put at the front door of a store...

Two catches: it will need GOOD backlight compensation (one would HOPE this is a given with this type of design)... and it will need to not look too ugly or "industrial".

I was sure Bosch and Honeywell had such devices but finding stuff on either of their websites is an exercise in frustration...

Oh, AND... it needs to be able to accept input from a different camera - customer wants the internal camera to feed the DVR, and the monitor to display a different camera. Easy, right?

Vista do a 19" and upwards flatscreen, now if I remember correctly there was 2 channels available with remote control(ch1, ch2 or pip). 1x BNC input and 2x BNC outputs...

The only thing is, and maybe they have corrected it now, there was no mirror option, so what you saw was not a mirror image, if you walked to the left, on-screen you would be walking to the right.

We contacted Vista about this so they knew, we was sent 2 and 1 was faulty - bad start but that was years ago, they've surely got their act together by now!

Oh and another thing - I remember them costing a small fortune!

Found a couple others by Pelco and Orion... they're not cheap either. Got a link for the Vista? All google gives me is Windows links. F**king Microsoft, usurping everything.

Not terribly worried about mirror image, BTW... in fact, reverse image might be preferable. The idea is for the monitor to show a separate ID camera, enticing people to see they're on the monitor and look at it more closely, without realizing there's a camera IN it looking back at them. Given we're talking about an upscale restaurant/lounge, having the image move "backward" from the person's movement is probably more likely to draw in the drunken goofs or showoffs

I got some Lekson's coming in that I am going to test out that came out of a large retailer. I'll let you know how they are. They look aesthetically nice but not real sure how they are performance wise but the retailer that it came out of does not use shabby equipment. Should be here next week, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Vistas in the UK, mostly rebadged stuff even had some rebadged GE/Kalatel products back in the day.

I got some Lekson's coming in that I am going to test out that came out of a large retailer. I'll let you know how they are. They look aesthetically nice but not real sure how they are performance wise but the retailer that it came out of does not use shabby equipment. Should be here next week, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Keep me posted... I might be dropping you a PM