abbasmech

which type of wire must be use it in lift

Hi all

which type of wire i must be use it in lift because you know the wire must be flexible

this subject has come up many times. you need to talke with the lift company first before you do anywork on a lift. 9 times out of 10 the lift will have a service contract on it. if you do any work you could void the contract. start off on the right foot first and work with the lift company.

Chances are the traveler already has some extra wire pairs in it, too, so if you're just adding an analog camera, you may be able to use what's already there... but that, too, is probably a question for the service company.

Chances are the traveler already has some extra wire pairs in it, too, so if you're just adding an analog camera, you may be able to use what's already there... but that, too, is probably a question for the service company.

do you mean i can use this wire instead of RG59 for video

Many thanks for reply

these lifts are installed in 1979 and i thin there no service contract

were are you based. the lifts might be 1979 .... but with bulding regs i think you will find the control gear is alot more upto date than 32 years old.

do you mean i can use this wire instead of RG59 for video

If there's an unused pair of wire in the phone on control runs, you could use that with video baluns to transmit video; most elevators will have AC power, and many will already have an outlet on top of the roof, to power the camera.

And regardless of the ago of the elevator, most buildings should still have some sort of service contract or at least a service company they call to maintain the thing.