Sign in to follow this  
cjd2011

Maplin Sentient 4 Channel Network DVR Keeps Rebooting Itself

Hi,

I purchased this http://www.maplin.co.uk/4-channel-network-dvr-with-dvd-rw-backup-259741 a while back now and it has worked fine since i got it but the other day it started rebooting itself every 5 mins without me touching it, here is a photo of the screen i get once it reboots itself http://img22.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=90KRLEPYMI_dvr.JPG i am also unable to use the mouse when it is on the screen in the photo because a few seconds after rebooting itself it freezes the mouse and when it goes onto the channel display there is no menu and the buttons on the front panel of the unit do not respond, does anyone have any ideas whats gone wrong and what i can do to sort it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Chris

Hi,

I purchased this http://www.maplin.co.uk/4-channel-network-dvr-with-dvd-rw-backup-259741 a while back now and it has worked fine since i got it but the other day it started rebooting itself every 5 mins without me touching it, here is a photo of the screen i get once it reboots itself http://img22.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=90KRLEPYMI_dvr.JPG i am also unable to use the mouse when it is on the screen in the photo because a few seconds after rebooting itself it freezes the mouse and when it goes onto the channel display there is no menu and the buttons on the front panel of the unit do not respond, does anyone have any ideas whats gone wrong and what i can do to sort it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Chris

hi chris. looks like your h/drive is full. first remove the H/drive and see if your dvr starts up. and if it does switch off again and install your h/drive back and it will format .... its a problem with maplins.

hi chris. looks like your h/drive is full. first remove the H/drive and see if your dvr starts up. and if it does switch off again and install your h/drive back and it will format .... its a problem with maplins.

Hi tomcctv,

Thanks for the quick reply i set the hard drive to overwrite when it gets full and has been overwriting since i got it, I actually thought it was the hard drive so took it out and put it in my pc to format it as i didnt know the system formatted its self just wondering now if i have formatted it on my pc in the wrog format ntfs or fat32. Il give it a go without the hard drive in and let you know the outcome thanks again

Hi tomcctv,

Thanks for the quick reply i set the hard drive to overwrite when it gets full and has been overwriting since i got it, I actually thought it was the hard drive so took it out and put it in my pc to format it as i didnt know the system formatted its self just wondering now if i have formatted it on my pc in the wrog format ntfs or fat32. Il give it a go without the hard drive in and let you know the outcome thanks again

hi. looking at your screen shot. it says H/D full and at the bottom dvr paused. the maplins dvr does have a setting for overwrite. but no it just formats when full. .... i thing your settings have changed and it has gone to stop (pause) when H/D full

Hi Tom,

Your right i think, i tried the dvr with no hdd in it and it booted fine and i was able to access the menu etc.. i checked the settings to make sure that nothing had changed and that overwrite was still on and none had changed, so i re-connected the hdd and the problem started again, so must be a hdd fault

haveing the same probblem with my 8 channel sentient mine now put in new hard drive and still rebooting willy nilly had enough off this rubbish dvr now