jisun126

What connector can be used for the thin cat5e cable

Having a difficult time keeping the thin cat5e power line snugged to the power port of my 24vac cameras.

I tried soldering the ends so as to make it thicker so the camera's power port can give it a tighter grip.

Are there any other solutions or type of connectors I can put on the thin cat5e wires?

Also is there any connectors I can use on baluns? I'm using the screw-type terminals on the gem baluns (BLN-STPT2 Passive/Passive)

Edited by Guest

You could try folding the stripped end of the wire over on itself at the end before inserting it. In my experience, IDC-connectored baluns make a more positive connection than screw-type. They're also easier to install.

I've used a lot of those model of baluns... found one trick was to loop the wire around the screw, and to add a little strain relief, make sure the insulation is also clamped under the plate. Keep in mind that the wire needs to be between the two plates, not between the plate and the screw head.

Having a difficult time keeping the thin cat5e power line snugged to the power port of my 24vac cameras.

I tried soldering the ends so as to make it thicker so the camera's power port can give it a tighter grip.

sounds like you have the small cat5 24awg. are you just using 1 core for + and - power. you sould use 1 pair of your cat5 for video and the other paires split for power for your camera i.e 3 for + and 3 for -