chekowilson

dynamic ip address changing

I have a geovision1480 system 8.3 ver. trying to set up internet viewing using dynamic dns. My Belkin router seems to only suppor Dyndns and my camera software seems to only support dipmap. What can I do. Someone suggested Global IP which my camera software does not support, i believe. Any suggestions. ?

You only need to use one service, not all of them. The most efficient and reliable is probably to sign up for a DynDNS account and set it up in your router.

Yes, I know I only need one service; however, the router has a built in service which is dynamic dns. and the dvr has a built in one which is dipmap.

the only options i have on my router is dynamic dns or disable. (Belkin router n150

Not sure what your question is... use one or the other, it doesn't matter. All it does is update a central directory with your current "outside" IP. Doesn't matter if it's done by the router, the DVR, or a service on a computer on the same network.

ok. the ip address is 74.142.196.22 this is assigned to a printer server. It should be a sign on to a dvr system. When I set it up, it worked fine. two hours later i come back and the ip had changed.

My dvr supports a dns service called dipmap.com I registered my dns through them initially. when I go to the router to enter my dns info. there is a default dns for dyndns.com. it will not allow me to enter any other dns service. The problem is, I think, is that my dns service is not set properly because my ip is floating.

Umm... okay, something is not making sense here. Exactly HOW is your network wired up, and what is the make and model of your router/print server?

disable the dipmap thing. as mentioned use the router to update a dyndns.com account, and set Geo with a static local IP etc and forward to that in the router.