Leafgreen

live video stream without home computer

Hello I have only one computer, a laptop, and I take it with me when I leave home. I do have a wireless router at home that stays on.

I want to have a live video stream from home that I can access remotely on the internet. The video quality does not need to be high. The camera must be mini so that the lens can be placed between the bottom of a door and a floor, the gap being <0.5".

How can I accomplish this? Thank you for your help.

With no computer you have to use a IP camera or an analog camera with a video server attached. Also the only type of camera that might fit is a bullet camera and these come in mostly analog but there are some IP versions.

With no computer you have to use a IP camera or an analog camera with a video server attached. Also the only type of camera that might fit is a bullet camera and these come in mostly analog but there are some IP versions.

What is a decent price on a video server?

"What is a decent price on a video server?"

They are easy to find, just google "video server". On the low end Ebay and Amazon have them. I do not know if the quality varies.

Hey nimrod thank you very much for your information. Thats all the info I needed to get started with researching

you might find it better to use a video server with a SD card. so as you can save footage. but if you dont need that then i would go with the axis covert camera. just connect to your router and go. and you will get support and warranty unlike Ebay.

ph_m7001_camb_720x720-1.jpg