troy6363

Should I use a respirator in the attic

Im new at installing cctv systems. I want to start installing cctv systems for residential customers. When Im in the attic, should I use a respirator to breathe or just a mask. How do I stay cool in the hot temps of an attic? I've seen cool vests that construction workers wear that can keep you cool and head gear also that you freeze and will keep you cool.

Can anyone recommend any labor saving devices or cool tools that will save me time and make the job of installing cctv easier?

investigate the attic thoroughly prior to quoting labour. You might wish you had when you come across a house where there are split attics from added extensions to the building and the owners dont even mention it, or block that goes right to the roof stopping any attempt at snaking from the eave, as well as home owners belongings and what not that might be in the attic blocking the way. Ha, that was the last residential attic I was in (few weeks ago), now Im outsourcing that part of the job

If its full of fiberglass insulation might also be a good idea to wear a mask. Dont forget the nails also, when I spent a few years installing alarms I got 2 nails to the head jumping up through an attic hole. And knee pads help as well.

Ofcourse the most common tool is a snake.

investigate the attic thoroughly prior to quoting labour. You might wish you had when you come across a house where there are split attics from added extensions to the building and the owners dont even mention it, or block that goes right to the roof stopping any attempt at snaking from the eave, as well as home owners belongings and what not that might be in the attic blocking the way. Ha, that was the last residential attic I was in (few weeks ago), now Im outsourcing that part of the job

If its full of fiberglass insulation might also be a good idea to wear a mask. Dont forget the nails also, when I spent a few years installing alarms I got 2 nails to the head jumping up through an attic hole. And knee pads help as well.

Ofcourse the most common tool is a snake.

Thanks Rory

Thanks Rory

with most small homes you should be able to just drill a hole in the eave and push the snake close to the center of the attic and pull the wire from there, at least when I used to do 2 homes a day installing alarms in most cases it wasnt always that bad, but it doesnt seem to be that easy anymore, seems CCTV clients have all the messed up homes, 2 storey, concrete, etc makes it even more difficult.

Or get someone small to throw up in the attic while you push the snake.