Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

NVR Through Citrix

Anyone ever have a customer or have experience with Citrix and viewing your NVR through it?

I have a customer with a Citrix server and a few users run through this Citrix server. Basically Citrix is the brains behind a dumb terminal to summarize from a 100' foot level. Customer is running NUUO and from the server itself can view the cameras but going through Citrix can not see any images. Citrix uses terminal services so I'm not sure if terminal services is preventing the video through put somehow and if so what could I check to make sure it's active in order to allow the video through.

Customer tried a remote desktop session to the sever and had the same issue so we suspect something with terminal services. They get the consoler but the video is not being displayed.

Thanks

None of the remote desktop methods work really well for remote viewing compared to using client software, but Windows TS is especially bad, usually it will not pass DirectX overlays at all (sounds like what you are describing, VNC and TeamViewer work somewhat better).

Check and see if your customer's dumb terminals can at least run a IE session (some can), and use a web based client, if you NVR has one.

Thanks Hardwired,

Know of any solutions or is it a "it is what it is" kind of scenario?

I'll check with them about running an IE session using the web interface but that's all directX as well so I'm betting we will run into the same scenario.

What I meant, was that some thin client units can run a IE session on the box itself, not through a RDP session, and try running the NVR client that way, connecting directly to the NVR, rather than through a Citrix session.

Other than that, they may need a full PC for a client unit, I had one customer I had to do that for.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd like to hear them too!