Sign in to follow this  
Drew0682

computer keeps rebooting when Geovision software starts up

Okay.

My friend's husband's computer was struck by lightning, not the computer but the warehouse

Anyways my friend and I went to go take a look at it. some of the camera's were not working, some were. It's a 16 Channel GV-650. on a Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ

Well we restarted it to take a look at the memory as it was running kinda slow, and the computer booted up really slowly in DOS, so slow we came to the conclusion that it needed more memory and maybe a new motherboard.

Well my friend sent me an AMD Athlon 2200 which is about 1.81 Ghz, and I installed the video card again, and the surveillence card along with a sata PCI card as the HD for the Geovision is on Sata.

took the computer home, reinstalled Windows XP because the HD was missing some files, and the computer booted up great. The software starts for the camera's, no problem

I get back hook it up at the warehouse, and the software boots up, and it reboots the computer 2 minutes later. I uninstalled the software for the Geovision, reinstalled and even tried the 800 Geovision card, and still the same problem

I can disable Geovision from starting up, and the computer runs just great.

I was thinking that it's the AMD computer, maybe the processor is bad or too small,

so I went out and bought a Asus Motherboard

Specs on Mobo are as follows Intel GMA X4500 GPU intergrated on the board

runs DDR3

and the processor is a 2.6GHz Intel Celeron Dual core

I'm hoping this will fix the solution as I'm confused.

I do need to add the watchdog 2 pin jumper cable back in, but wasn't sure if this was causing it or not to keep rebooting

Thanks

Drew

Intel hardware will definitely help, AMD is not supported so you could end up chasing your tail needlessly.

The reset watchdog jumpers on the GV board allow the card to bridge the RSET pins on the motherboard and perform a hard reboot. I think this is only used when you have set GV to reboot on schedule, and ticked the corresponding box (Allow watchdog reset etc etc).

Try removing the jumper lead to remove the possibility that this is the cause of your problem.

Have you checked the error log to see if there is any shutdown msg from GV?

Also - What updates / configuration have you applied to the Win XP install?

(I would recommend using Rorys winxp setup guide - good bare bones layout)

Right click my computer > Manage > Event viewer > System Log / Application Log

Post any details if GV logs any ERROR codes.

-Bob