Hi Guys,

Finally after over a year we got our CCTV system setup.

The software is nice but I wonder how I can go about setting up alarms when a camera detects motion?

Is there anyway to have the map show a flashing red icon where the motion is detected.

Can I automatically show the camara on the screen when there is motion detected?

Is there anyway we can make adjustments in the software to force the camera to go into night mode? There are 2 camaras that stay in color even at night. Camara models are IP7330 and the other is IP8332 both by Vivotek.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Hi Guys,

Finally after over a year we got our CCTV system setup.

The software is nice but I wonder how I can go about setting up alarms when a camera detects motion?

Is there anyway to have the map show a flashing red icon where the motion is detected.

Can I automatically show the camara on the screen when there is motion detected?

Is there anyway we can make adjustments in the software to force the camera to go into night mode? There are 2 camaras that stay in color even at night. Camara models are IP7330 and the other is IP8332 both by Vivotek.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Use the Event monitoring for setting up motion pop up windows.

Exacq does not control day/night settings.

Sure makes sense, is there not an audible method or is making the camera with motion appearing in one of the boxes the best way to do this?

Ok no problem, do cameras normally have the ability to adjust that sensitivity?

Sure makes sense, is there not an audible method or is making the camera with motion appearing in one of the boxes the best way to do this?

Ok no problem, do cameras normally have the ability to adjust that sensitivity?

As far as I know Exacq does not have a audio alarm "action type" in the client software. You could use a trigger out put on a camera to a bell or siren driver.

It all depends on the camera manufacture. Some have the day/night threshold adjustment some do not. Some have it and it doesn't work

As far as I know Exacq does not have a audio alarm "action type" in the client software. You could use a trigger out put on a camera to a bell or siren driver.

I guess if you have someone dedicated to watching the monitors all day they will notice things, but in our case the guards have multiple things to do and an audible alarm would be best. Hopefully eXacq puts this in their software in the near future.

It all depends on the camera manufacture. Some have the day/night threshold adjustment some do not. Some have it and it doesn't work

Yeah I don't believe there are any settings available at all , they are Vivotek cameras, pretty much bottom of the barrel for IP stuff.

Thanks for your help though! Much appreciated

Yeah I don't believe there are any settings available at all , they are Vivotek cameras, pretty much bottom of the barrel for IP stuff.

Is that really so? I thought the Vivotek were midrange/quality among the IP's ? :/

Is that really so? I thought the Vivotek were midrange/quality among the IP's ? :/

May be learn product ?

or hire somebody

As far as I know Exacq does not have a audio alarm "action type" in the client software.

I could be getting confused with another system but I'm pretty sure I configured an audio alarm on motion detection in Exacq pretty recently.

Under event actions? Perhaps that was the Bosch DVR, I work on so many.

I'm positive the camera did flash red on the map on motion detection.

If you have the standard vivotek day cameras there is no night mode. Just a brightness setting.

If they are day/night you might need to log into the actual camera webserver to set the threshold probably.

As far as I know Exacq does not have a audio alarm "action type" in the client software.

I could be getting confused with another system but I'm pretty sure I configured an audio alarm on motion detection in Exacq pretty recently.

Under event actions? Perhaps that was the Bosch DVR, I work on so many.

I'm positive the camera did flash red on the map on motion detection.

If you have the standard vivotek day cameras there is no night mode. Just a brightness setting.

If they are day/night you might need to log into the actual camera webserver to set the threshold probably.

No audio Alarms

Cameras flash blue for motion and red for alarm by default on the map.