Sign in to follow this  
eifpaz

AVC760z Email Alert

HI all.

Can i say that this forum and it's users have already been a huge help to me setting up my first DVR.

Having carried out a search on my problem, i can see that i'm not alone, but i can't see any remedy to it.

My Avtech AVC760Z is setup for the internet and works great on remote viewing etc, but i can't get it to send me the email alert. I've filled in the email address and smtp server and all the other bits, i've tried using my BT account and my gmail account but i still can't get it to send.

Has anyone got this working and if so, what settings and email provider are you using?

Thanks guys

Eifion

HI all.

Can i say that this forum and it's users have already been a huge help to me setting up my first DVR.

Having carried out a search on my problem, i can see that i'm not alone, but i can't see any remedy to it.

My Avtech AVC760Z is setup for the internet and works great on remote viewing etc, but i can't get it to send me the email alert. I've filled in the email address and smtp server and all the other bits, i've tried using my BT account and my gmail account but i still can't get it to send.

Has anyone got this working and if so, what settings and email provider are you using?

Thanks guys

Eifion

in your SMPT settings are you using port 25. both gmail and bt block this port. if you dont have a static ip address with them. so you need to change the port number ... BT is 587 gmail is 465

Thanks Tom, but I've managed to get it working well with my BT account.

I haven't changed the port, settings are s follows, in case it helps anyone,

Server - pop.btinternet.com

Mail From - myemail@btinternet.com

Verify Password - yes

User - my BT usename (without the btinternet.com)

Password - is the password i use for btinternet.

I hope this helps other people.

Thanks

Eifion