PaulW

Multi-Location solution

I really enjoyed to read a few post from you guys.

We have everfocus 4x eDR400 and 16 cameras from Extreme.

But we are not happy at all, especially with the quality videos and basic basic remote viewing capability.

Right now we are getting all king of informations as much as possible to make the best possible changes. Two DVRs we have to replace anyhow, but we also considere to replace them all. I don't know about cameras. We got a really challanging situation here. There are 4 Location separeted by roads, and some cameras has to be about 2500ft apart from dvr.

We don't have a budget for it, but I would try to keep the cost as low as possible for the best (good) solution.

Any recomandations would be greatly appreciated. Paul

Hi, Need some more info.

Which Extreme Cameras are they? Are they doing the job? What are they intended to do? All i sell now is Extreme Cameras, so If I can help let me know.

As for DVRs, you say 4 DVRs as the cameras are at far locations. So you were using the Everfocus Network software to connect to them?

If so, Everfocus is not a multi site DVR, at least shouldnt be used as one. If I tell you the ones that are great for multi site, you may just think twice though when you see the price.

You can also just get them all back to one location, using Cat5/UTP Multi pair, and some ACTIVE N.V.T. Transmitters and a receiver. These can allow from 3000 feet to 1.5 miles depending on which options you use. If you have read the forum you may have already seen something on the NVT gear.

Another way to do it is almost Old School, with a little of the new School gear. With GE Multiplexers, you can link them with Cat5 cable up to 10,000 feet away. You can use 1 GE Keypad to control and view them all. Now, the recording would have to be at each Multiplexer, but this is still okay, you can use the DSR2000 for that. To confirm that best to email GE, and then check with a local distirbutor on pricing. Its not that expensive, but alot more than the everfocus set up.

Another nother way to do it is multiple DVRs like you use now, PC or Stand alone, depends what your needs are. GE has stand alones, with a 64way multi site network software. PC based can give you much faster remote video though over the current GE units.

Anyway Ill leave it there for now, let us know.

Rory