Gesualdo

weatherproof cameras

I'm Looking at several cameras and wondering if they are weatherproof.

They don't specifically say it but, they have heaters to -20 or -40 degrees F. I was looking at the CVC-7445EXTP and the LEDome. Anyone know for sure.

gesualdo

That is not weatherproof, it is weather resistant, but they suggest installation under an eave or overhang, so no direct water.

This one is more weatherproof, we have these wall mounted and they have survived the last few weeks of heavy tropical storms.

CVC-7WMTDV

I would stay away from any Domes with built in IR inside the dome though, too many problems like glare at night.

Also, take a look at the WizKid Domes.

www.extremecctv.com - click on the WizKid Link on left side.

Rory,

I was looking to use them under an eave. Surface mounted with the worst water coming from an overspray from a annual pressure washing of the walls.

ok, they will survive that, but the pressure cleaning may kill them

No. seriously I dont know, once you dont wet them too much ..

Seriously though, WizKid got some great domes, Full 360 degree gimbles, weather proof, vandal resistant and actually virtually indestructable, also have built in voltage regulators. They have Color & BW in High Res and Mid Res, and also, Day NIght in mid res (no IR Cut Filter but still really good). Support is untouchable. If you read my other posts about some Provideo cameras, you will see why I Dont sell them anymore, nothing to do with how well they stand up or last, as they generall do that ... it was other things.

Rory

Thanks Rory,

THat's what I wanted to know also. Can you PM some prices or dealers in NY on the 46zn or 49zn models or should I order direct from wizkid