Sign in to follow this  
akrh125

Problem Getting Zoom Function To Work

I need some help with a PV-300HI camera that I bought recently and am having some trouble with.

The issue that I am having is with the zoom function through my Gadspot DVR. Before attempting to actually install the camera in its planned location, I tested it in the room where the DVR is located. I used a short 6ft CAT5E cable to connect the Red & Black wires on the camera to the TX+/TX- connectors on the back of the DVR. This seemed to work fine and I was able to control the zoom and focus through the DVR.

I then tried to connect it using the 150 ft CAT5E cable that is going to be used for the real installation. I put an RJ45 connector on the Black & Red wires at the camera and then used an RJ45 coupler to connect the camera to the 150 ft CAT5E cable. I was no longer able to get the zoom and focus features to work through the DVR.

I then removed the 150 ft cable and the RJ45 connector and connected the Red & Black wires from the camera directly into the back of the DVR (no CAT5 cables at all). I still cannot get the zoom and focus features to operate at all.

I am at a loss as to what to do now. Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated.

does it still work with the 6ft cable? make sure the cable is connected correctly, i.e Tx+ from DVr connected to Rx+ on the Camera and TX- to Rx-

check if any settings have been changed on the dvr eg: protocol.

hope this helps