Agility

Newbie to CCTV - pls help!

Well I have been trying to read up on CCTV systems & will admit I am well lost!! Can someone pls put it in plain english or suggest a suitable DVR for me?

I am looking to put a 16 camera system in to cover home & kennels..... I would like to view over the internet (web server I understand is the easiest way) & on my Iphone, record at 25f. send me an email message if the perimeter camera triggers movement, have enough memory for a weeks worth of recording. I cant work out if every camera will record or only ones that trigger movement but would it monitor 16 camera's for movement as it seems a lot? would be better if it just recorded on movement but how good are these do they REALLY work well? ! - would like is it best to get a package price or purchase 'bit's to make a package myself? I have £1500 budget but if this is not enough I can reduce the initial camera's needed & add extra to get to the 16 once funds allow. Wiring will be done by 'Hubby' as the standard length made up wire's will work out too expensive so going for the reel as expecting to need 300mtrs!

(5 IR camera's to cover particular kennels (max distance needed 5m) 3 longer range IR camera's for gates - 35m, 4 IR for the general kennel area - 15m & 6 medium range IR - 25m)

I am in the UK

Thank you

:oops:

Well I have been trying to read up on CCTV systems & will admit I am well lost!! Can someone pls put it in plain english or suggest a suitable DVR for me?

I am looking to put a 16 camera system in to cover home & kennels..... I would like to view over the internet (web server I understand is the easiest way) & on my Iphone, record at 25f. send me an email message if the perimeter camera triggers movement, have enough memory for a weeks worth of recording. I cant work out if every camera will record or only ones that trigger movement but would it monitor 16 camera's for movement as it seems a lot? would be better if it just recorded on movement but how good are these do they REALLY work well? ! - would like is it best to get a package price or purchase 'bit's to make a package myself? I have £1500 budget but if this is not enough I can reduce the initial camera's needed & add extra to get to the 16 once funds allow. Wiring will be done by 'Hubby' as the standard length made up wire's will work out too expensive so going for the reel as expecting to need 300mtrs!

(5 IR camera's to cover particular kennels (max distance needed 5m) 3 longer range IR camera's for gates - 35m, 4 IR for the general kennel area - 15m & 6 medium range IR - 25m)

I am in the UK

Thank you

Hi. please stay away from what is called box systems cheap kits put together. are not a good idea.

sorry but your budget is a little low but your idea of adding later is a good idea. as far as wiring you will also save money if you use CAT5. (get 4 cameras down 1 cable) with the use of baluns

Wow thanks - didn't know about these Cat5's (hubby will be pleased! lol)

This will save loads of time running so many wires everywhere. Time is pressing on & although I dont have to get the system purchased until I 've had time to get people advice I do need to get the wiring in before the builders put the floor down as we are having a loft conversion. Doing a quick search on the internet they seem to vary in price - do they have any type of quality sandards so I know which are value for money but do actually work well, rather than paying a fortune for rubbish ones? Certainly think the CAT's are the way to go

Just been looking at these Cat5's - Can someone pls confirm if I am running 12 cameras & the power for these 12 camera's within the CAT cable how many CAT cables do I need? Thanks

Just been looking at these Cat5's - Can someone pls confirm if I am running 12 cameras & the power for these 12 camera's within the CAT cable how many CAT cables do I need? Thanks

hi looking at were you have said you need cameras.

4 IR for the general kennel you need 1 cat5 run for cameras. if you dont have local power you will also need to run another cat5 for power.

5 IR camera's to cover particular kennels again you will need 3 runs. if you dont have local power. with wire left over to add cameras later. or use for audio

3 longer range IR camera's for gates - 35m if all in the same location two runs. (1 for cameras 1 for power)

each cat5 with run 4 cameras 1 pair each. either using single baluns or 4 way baluns.

single balun.

HF_M2DSCF0020-1.jpg

4 way balun

1-1.jpg