Sign in to follow this  
ojf

USB Backup for 4CH MPEG4 DVR - can't backup after power loss

So, I have a 4CH MPEG4 DVR with a USB Backup. In the past, I've been able to backup the 787 files using a FAT formatted USB drive with no problems.

Tonight, while in the middle of a USB backup, the player shut down and had a long continuous beep. After 2 minutes of this, it didn't shut down on its own, so I turned the power off from the distribution box, and restarted it. The system seemed to do some type of system reinitialization, did hardware checks, and then powered up. The date/time was reset to 1/1/2000 (or something like that), so I changed the date back to current.

So, while attempting to resume my USB backup, I can see the events listed on the search screen, but when I select it, it doesn't give me that event, but instead it goes to the point where it last reset from the power loss.

It appears as if the indexes are there telling the menu system that there are date/time events present, but something is out of synch because I can't pull them up now.

I tried hooking the player up directly to a router to somehow access the data that way, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

Is there a way to somehow gain access to the data (whether slaving the drive to a PC) or recover it from the player?

I'm really at a loss and it's very important to get this data off the player for a court hearing soon.

I'm going to unplug the player for the time being so the data isn't accidentally overwritten (assuming it's still there now...)

Any ideas?

** EDITS **

So, I was reading that it might be a Linux file server of some sort. So, would there be a way to connect to it via an IP address? I don't have a Linux machine (I'm on Windows 7), so I don't know what options there are in that regard.

Or, maybe what about FTP? I'm just now thinking of gaining access to the data from a fileserver perspective. Maybe that's my best bet at this point?