Sign in to follow this  
dany28

Suggestion for a sensitive IP-Camera?

Hi Folkz,

first of all...sorry for my bad english. My Name is Daniel and i came from a small City in Germany.

A few weeks ago somewone scrached my car for the second time, so i decided to install a Cam. First i try a D-Link DCS-3710. (Sony 1/3” Megapixel WDR Progressive Scan CMOS sensor, Computar Megapixel Vari-Focal Auto Iris lens: 2.8~12 mm, F1.3, Built-in IR-Cut Removable (ICR) filter, Minimum illumination: Color: 0.3 Lux, B&W: 0.02 Lux.) ---> http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=9367

With this Cam there have been problems with the sharpness. When i adjust it in daylight i have unsharp images in the Night-Mode and when i adjust it in Night-Mode it's exactly the other way round.

A Friend gave me an ABUS TVIP52501 (1/2.7” CMOS Progressive Scan Sensor, Day/night, Minimum lighting (color): 0.8 lux, etc.) but i am not satisfied in the Picture Quality. ---> http://www.abus-sc.co.uk/silver.econtent/catalog/products/Videoueberwachung/Netzwerkkameras/Standard-Netzwerkkameras/TVIP52501

http://www.abload.de/img/kamerakopie1ysx8.png

I searched the last few day arround the Internet for a good and sensitive Cam and i think the ARECONT VISION AV2105DN 2.0 H.264 MPEG4 1600X1200 D/N M (0,1 Lux bei f/1,4 ) or an Axis Camera could be the right solution?

What is your experience with this Cams? I`am not sure because of the fixed Lens in the AV2105DN. Is this a problem in the outdoor usage or should i use the AV2105AI for Day/Night Operation?

cu

Daniel

Edited by Guest

Hi 3RDIGLBL,

why do you think so?

I`m not set hard on the Aracont...my target is:

- arround 2MP

- very good night mode without ir

- h.263 mode

- saving to storage or nas

- motion detection onboard with more than three zones

- around $ 600,-

cu

Dany

Basler have some pretty good low lux cams.

That could be true, but the price of an Basler is nearly $ 1500,-

cu

Daniel

“I`m not set hard on the Aracont...my target is:

- arround 2MP

- very good night mode without ir

- h.263 mode

- saving to storage or nas

- motion detection onboard with more than three zones

- around $ 600,-”

I do not think you have realistic expectations. With no IR lighting you need a very sensitive IP camera and i am not sure if you can buy one at any price. You might find something in a analog camera but i am not sure about having built in motion detection and recording. To get the price down you need some kind of artifical lighting so a reasonably priced camera can be used.

For the camera you tried that seemed to have a different focus in the day and night time, usually that is a issue of a lens that is not IR rated and has a different focus at day and night times. Or you just do not have enough of any light at night and can not see a good image.

Hi Nimrod,

maybe it could be a little more expensive.

We tested the D-Link (0,3 - 0,002) vs. the Abus (0,8 - ???) and the Abus has a better Picture at Night. You can say what you like on paper so we think that it has to be possible to find a more sensitive Cam.

cu

Dany

Today i talked to the German Reseller of Aracon. He told me that their Cams can`t save directly to a NAS or an Server. They are only usable with their Software.

Any other ideas?

cu

Dany