HalOfBorg

Digital Sprite 2 - auto return to patrol?

Can the DS2 be set to return the camera(s) to their patrol after a set time sitting idle?

The boss is unhappy that people are setting them to point at nothing, and then doing whatever it is they do.

Also .... can the controls be locked out or passworded so it is known who did what/when?

I have the installation manual, but don't see either of these things - unless it is using terms I don't know.

FYI - 2 cameras, one does a patrol from position 1 to 2 to 3....... and so on.

The other scans from 1 to 2 to 3 to 2 to 1.........

You can set different user profiles with the Ded Mic, also the PTZ itself might have programming to restart patterns after a set amount of time. What type of PTZ is it

OK - I found the "Home Function" part of the dome setup - both now go back to normal patrol after preset time.

Is there a way to password protect this - either through the dome or through the DS2?

I can get into all the menus on the DS2 and the domes, I just don't understand much.

We're leary of passwording the DS anyway - passwords have bad luck here, and short lives.

I am not so sure that the PTZ can be password protected. I have some like it but under a different brand. But if you can password protect the DVR, that would probably be alot easier than going in and passwording the PTZ everytime.

But as far as your first question:

Can the DS2 be set to return the camera(s) to their patrol after a set time sitting idle?

The cameras themselves cannot. That action would have to be performed in the DVR. And I have no knowledge of the digital sprites, I am sure someone else here knows alot about their PTZ controls. My guess would be that there is no such action on the DVR that can perform this.