HTElectrical

Miniature Pan-Tilt-Zoom

The first one doesn't list the pan and tilt specs, which is usually an indicator it is limited. From the looks of it, I'm guessing it doesn't do a full 90 degree tilt, which can be a problem in many cases.

The bottom one looks average. It's all a matter of price.

I can get either of those cameras for around $200-$250, depending on how much I feel like arguing with the manufacturer about quantities and shipping costs. Note, I'm saying that as a reference, not as an offer to import them and sell them (not worth the trouble).

Personally, I've used some similar units for my own houses and some basic demos, but I'd be hesitant to actually sell them to a customer.

1st one, entry level PTZ with just 15mm zoom.

2nd one, must be old stock they are trying to get rid of, hence 480TVL.

I can get either of those cameras for around $200-$250, depending on how much I feel like arguing with the manufacturer about quantities and shipping costs. Note, I'm saying that as a reference, not as an offer to import them and sell them (not worth the trouble).

Personally, I've used some similar units for my own houses and some basic demos, but I'd be hesitant to actually sell them to a customer.

I can get them for a little less than $200.00. The 480 is supposedly a new item. I am not to thrilled about the 1/4" sensor or the 480 TVL. I have a customer (cheap) that this might work for a specific application.

I just got 2 of the one on the top on Friday as beta test units. I am installing them next week and I will post how it goes. The price is low but the quality of the camera is pretty good. All metal housing and a thick glass on the dome.

They are not bad for the price. Good for covering parking lots at 20 feet high or so. I wish the zoom was better.

The question cannot be answered unless somebody has used the camera and done so for about 2 years.

Rather focus on the supplier or manufacturer:

Do they have and implement an active quality program ?

Do they have real ISO certification - not Fake?

If they say they have a quality program - what do they mean- R&D, and the receptionist double for quality department staff?

What is their R&D reinvestment?

What is their provable RMA rate?

of course there is a lot more - and we deploy agents specifically to establish and verify these issues before we even start talking to a manufacturer.

It's asking a bit much to get a comment about the camera in the way you have - sorry!

Well I can say the build quality of the camera is very good. I have installed many of the other cameras & DVR's this company has to offer and those are all great compared to the cheap china made garbage that everyone sells online and ebay. For the price I paid for it it does the job well but the zoom is kind of useless. But for the wide area it needs to cover it's well worth it.( Parking lot lit up by LED lighting at night)