naru

GE Storage Safe proII setup over Internet / intranet

Hi All,

I am trying to setup GE storage safe pro camera to see on LAN/WAN over internet, configured the IP address 192.168.10.160 ,dns 192.168.10.1, subnet-255.255.255.0,gateway ..192.168.10.254..when i am pinging through LAN it is showing Destination host unreachable.....can u advise..Also i have try and use the same using cross cable connected to DVR directly and typing the IP address in IE http://192.168.10.160 is working fine.

The LAN cable is pluged into the 8 port swith now.

Did you manually configure that IP info, or did the DVR pull it through DHCP? What's the IP/gateway/etc. for your PC?

Hi Soundy,

I have manualy configure using the setting menu , my pc ipconfig view is as following 192.168.10.107,255.255.255.0 & gateway 192.168.10.254 & dns is 192.168.10.2

Ping should work with that setup, assuming you're pinging the DVR's IP. I would expect both to use the same DNS server settings (would normally point to the router's IP, if it does DNS forwarding), but that shouldn't affect the ping routing.

my current ethernet setting on DVR is DHCP - disable (try with enable too, but won't work so change) , eathernet - enable, http port : 80 , it should atleast allow ping in the same network. As i confirm using cross cable that network card is ok.

Hmmm... have you tried a different cable between the DVR and the router? Sounds like it's not getting a proper connection when plugged into the router, and since it does work with a different cable (the crossover cable), that would seem to narrow it down to either the particular port on the router, or that specific cable.

Sorry ...ya ..i check that before connecting this cable with the PC and it is pinging fine with other web applications. ..so cable seems fine...is there any setting i have to do at router site...but i belive at least intranet has to work..no idea what is missing...any suggestions.