Sign in to follow this  
veetek

Bridging two analog cctv systems over internet

Do you guys know what equipment to use ?

on one side I have couple of analog cameras and on the other side I have analog DVR

I just want to convert the analog signal into IP then transport it over internet and decode it back so I can feed it to the analog DVR.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Veetek

Do you guys know what equipment to use ?

on one side I have couple of analog cameras and on the other side I have analog DVR

I just want to convert the analog signal into IP then transport it over internet and decode it back so I can feed it to the analog DVR.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Veetek

hi. thats alot of money to waste. why not just put your dvr with the cameras and remote log in from internet.

Thanks for a quick reply, I am aware that it is going to be expensive. Unfortunately I cannot change or replace any devices.

So if you guys have any other ideas Id appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks for a quick reply, I am aware that it is going to be expensive. Unfortunately I cannot change or replace any devices.

So if you guys have any other ideas Id appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance

hi. your not replacing anything. if you have your cameras in one location (standard) and your DVR in another. then that is the best way ... just put them together and use a remote software.

if you are just going to use video encoders. i would save the money and just replace your cameras with say a good 1.3mp axis camera and pc with software at the other location.

Tom,

the side with the existing analog system has the dvr with two analog ports open , and they told me the want those 2 cameras from the location 5 miles away hooked up to those 2 ports. so using a software and a pc on their side is out if the question( just because they dont want to)

is there an encoder and decoder couple that I can use to transport the video signal over the internet ?

Thanks

Tom,

the side with the existing analog system has the dvr with two analog ports open , and they told me the want those 2 cameras from the location 5 miles away hooked up to those 2 ports. so using a software and a pc on their side is out if the question( just because they dont want to)

is there an encoder and decoder couple that I can use to transport the video signal over the internet ?

Thanks

bosh does some good stuff.

on your first post you said cameras 1 end dvr the other. your last post makes more sence. ... you want to add two cameras to your exising system from another location.

Veetek, It is easy to convert the analog cameras to IP just use this search term on Ebay for cheap ones, “video server cctv”. Name brand servers will cost $500 to $1500. The problem is converting the IP signals back to analog, i can not think of anything that will do this..... without getting really goofy. If you are VERY network savvy you might be able to use the video server to send the information to a media server or media center. An example is an Hauppauge 1340 MediaMVP-HD Digital Media Player, and you would need one for each camera.

What you need is an IP encoder at the camera end, and an IP decoder at the DVR end.

I believe Axis may have the most cost-effective options for you.

You could use encoders and decoders from Acti, the one channel encoder is the ACD-2100, and the one channel decoder is the ACD-3100.

Keep in mind, you are going to need a ISP service with a fairly good upload data rate, (up to 3 Mbps per camera, if you are trying to get 30 FPS at full resolution, although lower resolutions and framerates are well less than that), and if your ISP has monthly data usage caps, you may well exceed them using this setup (at 300Kbps, 24/7 streaming, that's about 93GB per camera).