Sign in to follow this  
PoorOwner

Need few cameras

I am interested to setup a few cameras around my property, driveway, front door, front yard, backyard patio.

Not all will areas will be lit except the driveway which will have motion sensor lights.

Criteria:

I figured 5 cameras total and maybe some could be I/R or B/W, or all the same model. I do think the day time security is more of an issue as most folks in the neighborhood went to work. I think wide angle would be useful as well. Maybe a more subtle style camera as I do not want to place to look like alcatraz.

The budget would be $500, or within $100 each camera, there was a site I saw before you have to buy 5 minimum I think but I forgot the link.

http://www.cctvimports.com has the 5 minium order. I'd suggest that you read this forum to get a good feel for camera's and how they are applied for each different location. Your idea that 5 camera's will work in all 5 areas is not a practice that I use outdoors as the lighting, enviorment, focal length, ect. all play a factor in determining the right camera for the right job. Wide angles give you more to look at but the facts are they become fissh eyed, unfocused, and are hard to recognize faces. Again, if your after a view and not face recognition then your ok. I'd purchase a decent varifocal and play with it before you spend more money. Try a Eclipse HIM598 ($200.00) with a cheap ready made cable to get a feel for focal lengths, IR lighting, and low light lenses. You should be able to buy the right camera based on your testing of. Flood light motion does not require IR so you can save on that location and you may want to add more flood lights to save?