Hey guys,

I bought a no name DVR a while back as a backup to my current system. I needed to use it today, and when I hooked it up, everything looks good, until I try to pull up the menu. It asks for a password. Now the box was sealed but there was no manual in it, and the unit itself has no brand name or anything on it. I'll include pictures of the unit itself, and the initializing screen. I've tried all the usual passwords like 0000, 4444, 4321, 1234 etc but nothing. I can't do anything with this thing without a password....any ideas would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

How frustrating!

I think if the user name is typically admin and then as was said

earlier the default password is likely to be username duplicated. i.e. admin (case sensitive)

also, as was said before, remove the battery or reset the system by removing the battery jumper.

That should set the system to it's default settings and try again.

Both things together could be your solution. Good luck!

I've just started using cctv so can't profess to any expertise but the default setting on my system is that the password is blank.

maybe this can be help :

RESETING :

Press "STOP" button five times and it will reset the DVR to factory default.

default passwords "111111"

I bough the same like you have, no brand name only type of DVR but I still know from china cause I have the manual book include.

Probably your DVR from china too.