-CK-

Hi All

Greetings everyone,

I am trying to backup data from AVC777 .. when I plugged HDD to my PC it doesn't recognised it.

If there is a driver or software I need to install first, my friend who owned this AVC has lost it.

Please can anyone with similar experience and knowledge please shed a light on this. Thanks.

It's not usually possible to simply take a drive from a standalone DVR and plug it into a PC and have it be recognized. Most DVRs use some variant of embedded Linux or other embedded OS, which means the drive MIGHT be formatted with ext2 or ext3 filesystems... or might use some other proprietary format. Even if you can access the drive, chances are the files will be in a format that's not recognized by any of your media players.

Best bet is to use the remote software to connect to the DVR via the network, and extract the video through that.

Thanks lisey and soundy

Got a reply from the vendor support saying that AVC777 was one of the early product and designed not to have PC backup function nor software to upgrade.

I thought I just post the reply so anyone with the same problem will have the answer.

----------

Hello,

Thanks for your letter.

Sorry, the DVR is too old to support the function.

It don't designed to support the function in that time, so it can't be upgrade by hrdware or software.

Sorry for the inconvenirnces.

Regards, AVTECH

----------

ohh...and which, btw, don't connect your HDD from AVC777 to PC before consulting with people with the knowledge.

When I put the HDD back to the DVR, I can't see any of the videos no more.

Too late for me as I've formatted and cleared the HDD data.

I thought I just post the reply so anyone with the same problem will have the answer.

Thanks for taking the time - a lot of people wouldn't! " title="Applause" />