ouija

Interferance with 7 Camera PTZ system on a Gas Plant

Judging by the pictures (w/o seeing them moving is difficult to see) but it almost looks more like a ghosting problem...?

My guess would be (since most cameras are affected) a power problem. Along with powering separately like I said, I seriously think the plant power is not inducing emi interference, but dirty power interference/noise.

I've been leaning towards this dirty power interference for some time now. We just tried using active baluns with little improvement, along with a higher quality model of ground loop isolators with built in noise filters and they actually seemed to make the picture worse.

They are planning on replacing the cameras with a different model that is less susceptible to interference, with my only hesitation being that if the interference is coming from the power connection(s) then how best should I remove this?

Would using a power filter like such do the trick? http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Power_Products_%28Electrical%29/Power_Line_Filters;jsessionid=5e30175972762ee594465b4821315a3d2625?source=google&keyword=EMI%20line%20filter&type=search&gclid=CKL-n4ngv6gCFSYZQgodURXYqQ

Did you try using a completely separate power source? get an inverter for 120 vac, plug a 24 vac transformer into it for a 24 vac camera, or for a 12 vdc camera connect a 12 vdc battery to it. Even changing cameras is not going to resolve whatever issue there is.

Bunited2