atomb

Pelco Spectra IV..need help please

Hey guys I have a 16 zone system that has one pelco spectra IV on it and Im not that savvy with it. I have been reading the manual and have programmed it a bit but could use some clarity on "Patterns"mode. Is the term "tour"and pattern used synonymously. I need to make a "tour" but dont see a"tour" mode: just a pattern ..Im assuming this is the same thing , please verify guys if im wrong i need to know. Thanks in advance for any help.

A preset is a pre-defined fixed position. You would position the camera, then save a preset, so selecting that preset later moves the camera back to that position.

A tour is a sequence of presets. You create your presets, then you program the camera or software to cycle through them (preset 1 for 5 seconds, preset 2 for ten seconds, preset 4 for five seconds, back to preset 1, etc.)

A pattern is a series of recorded movements. You would enable recording a new pattern, then manually drive the camera around, zooming in or out where necessary, and so on... then enable the camera to play back that pattern.

Hey soundy thanks for the clarification and defining the jargon for me . I Really appreciate it. This is my first foray into a a more sophisticated camera I go to the school of learn as you go and dont have alot of time to make mistakes this week. Most my customers want cheap and I rarely get to play with more advanced cameras.

A tour is a sequence of presets. You create your presets, then you program the camera or software to cycle through them (preset 1 for 5 seconds, preset 2 for ten seconds, preset 4 for five seconds, back to preset 1, etc.)

what part of the menu would enable you to cycle thru ..lets say five of the programmed presets?

Not sure offhand if the Spectra IV has the option internally... I know it's a feature of the Vigil DVRs we use, to call the presets in sequence, but I think that just sends the individual preset calls to the camera. Unfortunately I don't have any Spectra IVs on remote sites that are immediately accessible to me, so I can't check. I do have an Esprit on one site, and it doesn't appear to have the ability to set presets, tours or patterns from the camera's OSD. A Capture Fastrax dome on the same site DOES have presets, patterns and tours configurable within the camera. There's a Spectra III on the same site, but it's offline right now, awaiting some replacement parts.

Okay, I DO have a site with a Spectra IV... does not appear to have Tour options within the camera.

like i said i have been reading the manual and deciphering into laymans terms...It sdays i can have many presets and i can define patterns and possibly incorporate presets into the pattern i just am not seeeing anything in regards to stringing the presets together..ill keep looking and probably put a call into tech..ill update the thread on what that story is tomorrow. Thanks again for the help Soundy

...define patterns and possibly incorporate presets into the pattern...

Hmm, hadn't thought of that... the Pattern setup basically works like a macro recorder - you start it, it records everything you do, and then plays it back when called upon. I suppose one could call up presets, WHILE in the Pattern setup, and have those played back along with the manual camera movements.