EEraines

Looking for comparable camera to the Panasonic Cp484

I am looking for a camera that will give me comparable picture quality to the Panasonic WV-Cp484 camera for less money. The few people I have talked to said that I cannot find anything comparable. However one dealer indicated that the Sanyo VCC 4594 would give me the same quality.

Do any of you know if this would be true or do you know of any other camera that might work. I have to have a day/night with low light capabilities and high resolution.

Thanks

Panasonic CP484 is an excellent camera and with latest SIII technology, it is better than their previous CP474 series, however...

We had a test of Panasonic, Bosch, Sanyo, American Dynamic and GE Security best cameras in the 1/3" format only (we know that we can get a much better pictures on 1/2" cameras, so we left them out, because it would have been unfair tests)... The only common dinaminator on all these tests were that we were using the exact same lens from Computar, which is 3.5mm - 8.0mm Varifocal AutoIris...

Results were very close for the first position, however we also used several other factors on this evaluation - price, support, availability, warranty procedures and overall performance of the equipment and here is what our assessment is:

#1 Bosch LTC 0495/20

#2 Panasonic WV-CP484

#3 Sanyo VCC-4594

Rest, well, it does not matter..

The real test was done having a very bright and very dark areas in the picture and then having somone walking tawards the camera... In case of Bosch, we not only saw the person and the background in an excellent picture quality, but also any changes in the background by having another person walking and then changing the lighting conditions.. In case of Panasonic, it was very similar, except when the second person started walking in the background and the visibility and the picture quality dropped and did not allow a clear view of the second person.

Well, this is our tests and does not constitute any manufacturer intervention or presence.... Nor we would allow them to do it.. These tests results were based on our unbiased position on the results!

Next, we will test the best of every manufacturer using their 1/2" format cameras... Panasonic CL924, Bosch LTC 0620/20, etc...

May be you should consider 1/2" cameras, if the pricing is not that important, as these series of cameras are much more expensive, but will provide much better results than 1/3" version of cameras.

Stay tunned...

Levon

Thanks for you reply.

I have also in my search came across another camera which I have recieved mixed responses about the quality of the picture. The camera is the CC-35NV. I am hoping that someone has had experience with this camera and can tell me why it is or is not a comparable camera to the CP484.

Thanks

We are not familiar with this brand of cameras. I checked some of its specs and look good, but then again specs is normally a marketing fluff, therefore we do not pay attention on every detail specs of any cameras...

Good luck!

Levon

If you mean the COP day night OEM camera, it doesnt come close to any brand names, not even close to Provideo or hunt.

Basically stay away from it, unless thats all you can afford.

It's not going to stack up to a Pelco, Bosch or Panasonic. It's not horrible, and is probley the best camera they sell, but that's not saying much. The specs say 520 lines, I'd say 480 is probley closer. Good camera for a low budget.

all cop cameras are horrible, i used them for several months in the beginning and I havent seen anything as bad as them ,, and recently a client of mine bought a bunch of them and was still the same, crap cameras. all in all, not worth it. Just get a BW bullet and save the extra $100.

yep, whatever you sell it wont be crap once there are products out there like COP cameras ... !!

Just kidding ... you selling all high end products, im back to that myself. well kind of ...

PS. can you PM me quantity pricing on the ZC-D6039NHA (ganz dome) and VDC-D1184VA (sanyo dome) with UPS to Nassau, Bahamas, can wait until Monday though ... thanks .. Rory

Now, you made me mad and I do not want to send you PM nor I want to send you these products

Oh, well what the heck I will do it for Rory...

Check your PM shortly...

Levon

Ike...who?? Have you really worked with them and you think their product line is close to Bosch or Pano? We carried them for a short while because of their warranty, but then, well no more... Their customer service and support is even worse than Pano...

Ike's cameras took distant 6th place if you wanted to know, regardless what they state in their specs or what their claim really is. I will take Bosch and even Pano any day for any high end application and will not touch Ike, knowing the problems that their cameras have and specially god forbid, if something fails (by the way, according to them, their cameras do not fail and it is always the distributors or dealers fault)...

Last week we were suppose to have a meeting with their new director of sales of North America and I basically told him that if all he is going to talk to us about Ike's fluff, then do not show up, rather if he has something new or a really good change on the quality (that he will guarantee personally) of their equipment and customer service, or if there will be a meat in our discussions, then show up and we will listen. Well, we are still waiting....

Levon

Metz.. i have to disagree, my thoughts are that Bosch have the best cams, closely followed by pano but Bosch's pricing puts them way ahead.. as for Ikegami, I agree about the service problems and the way they do business but for low light there is nothing in the market as good, they have some pretty poor low quality cams but their 1/2" and 1" cameras have to be seen to be believed, they struggle with bright lights and havea tendancy to overshoot and vertically smear, but the low stamp is excellent, keeping solid contrast while providing very bright results.

i know they are not Pano or Bosch and their lower end is not even equivelant to Samsung Crap but their high enb 1" cameras are unreal, but very ugly, not even sure if they make them any more, but long before Pano and Bosch ikegami Sushemi were bringing 1" cameras that were excellent in low light and obviously are very sensitive with light gradients and they also handle sulpher lighting very well.... like I said, bosch all the way and Pano is excellent too, but ikegami isn't that bad

extreme cctv .. wide dynamic cameras with excellent low light and enhanced ir support, self contained cameras with built in voltage regulators and corrosion resistant housings.

agreed, I only found out the other day that we are now the Extreme CCTV distributors for Australia, mind you we dont sell much because our stuff rarely needs that much work, in other words they are very low light anyhow... but the gear is good and VERY well designed.

Tell me the licence capture is it any good?

Ill tell you this week coming as we just got one of the REG-L to install, customs messed up and charged us 45% duty when it is supposed to be 7% so sent it back to them, hopefully will get it this week to install ..

no doubt ill get some photos ... i just hope i get on the road .. we have a useless public transport system here, in other words no buses run anywhere near where i live .... and where they do, they run when they want, and stop after 6 .. right now i just have to catch rides ...

mayors? we dont have those here dread ..

yeah i looking but all the gals with money are taken ..

anyway got a couple possible 32 camera jobs coming up, they say they are going with us and us only, so maybe i can pay off this jeep and buy a car with cash after that Im trying to stick with high end jobs only, where the big bucks are, most require you know the extreme gear