Numb-nuts

Have you found Mobile DVR to start a new trend CCTV Market?

I went to the IFSEC today and saw a few new ones there. THe software they come with is a real eye opener.

A pet hate of mine is tailgating trucks, who come within several feet of your rear bumper and flash. lights

and blow their horn to bully you into going faster or pulling over. For that reason alone I might buy one for

myself and next time I intend to pass the video to the police.

In the past, I have not been able to report such incidents to police for a cuple of reasons, firstly it's my word

against the other driver, second is that on motorways, I am not sure of which police force deals with that

region, and third often haven't a clue where it happened.

If I am able to show police what happened, they would certainly use the evidence to prosecute, perhaps if

more people do this, tailgatong will become a thing of the past? Lets hope so.

With the new car CCTV or 'crashcams' as they are wrongly being tagged, I can have time, date, my speed and

GPS location stamp and even strength of impact in NM. The only thing missing is weather assessment

i.e. temp, road surface condition etc Okay okay I can live without the latter!

Hard disk mobile dvr and SD card mobile dvr, which one is better for us? Also all of mobile dvrs are quite big now, shall we change the size so that small and light? If the lightest Mobile DVR, easy for taking just by one hand, it will fit for market or not?

Thanks,

Definitely, solid-state-disk based DVR is MUCH better for mobile applications. In general, as less moving parts you have in your DVR, than better it withstands vibrations, shocks and temperature.

You can check CVG-M (http://goo.gl/WnRYc) solution from Israeli company SerVision: it's small 2 channel DVR with build-in GPS and UMTS modem.

PM me if you need more details and successful stories. Meanwhile, you can check SerVision's website for more details regarding CVG-M.

Edited by Guest

Definitely, solid-state-disk based DVR is MUCH better for mobile applications.

I met someone at the Exacq training class who designed high data rate wireless transfer for bus transit systems. When the buses return to the terminal, all the video would transfer from the hard drive on the bus to a server at the terminal. He discussed the failure rate of the hard drives in mobile applications. I don't recall the exact mean time to failure, but it was horrible. They purchase hard drives in bulk and replace them frequently.

That said, SSD with continuous writes is not without problems too.

Best,

Christopher

I work with a company that installs mobile dvrs in police cars. All of them came with SSD drives installed but they all started to fail with in a month or two. They replaced them with HDs and everything has been fine since.... I do not remember the manufacture of SSD.

Definitely, solid-state-disk based DVR is MUCH better for mobile applications. In general, as less moving parts you have in your DVR, than better it withstands vibrations, shocks and temperature.

You can check CVG-M solution from Israeli company SerVision: it's small 2 channel DVR with build-in GPS and UMTS modem.

PM me if you need more details and successful stories. Meanwhile, you can check SerVision's website for more details regarding CVG-M.

Hi Dima

Do you work for SerVision?