quick_pick

Connecting camera to computer to configure camera

My camera is a Samsung snc-550

My computer is a dell m6300

I connected a "patch" cable from the ethernet of my camera to the ethernet of my computer, typed in the ip address in the address bar of my windows xp system like the instruction book said to and "page can not be found"

I already installed the camera software on my computer

How do i connect my camera to my computer to be able to configure it?

Thanks in advance

My camera is a Samsung snc-550

My computer is a dell m6300

I connected a "patch" cable from the ethernet of my camera to the ethernet of my computer, typed in the ip address in the address bar of my windows xp system like the instruction book said to and "page can not be found"

I already installed the camera software on my computer

How do i connect my camera to my computer to be able to configure it?

Thanks in advance

Hi. you might find that you need a crossover cable if you are going direct into pc. (some ip cameras come with one for set-up) can you not plug your camera direct into your router.

Thank you for responding

My next question is:

How do i know which cable is a cross over cable?

Are they a certain color or anything like that?

Thank you for responding

My next question is:

How do i know which cable is a cross over cable?

Are they a certain color or anything like that?

Hi if you have the tools you can convert or make your own. or you could buy a adapter link.

cat5crossovercable-1.jpg

eithernet crossover adapter.

155120_1.jpg

Hmmm, the M6300 looks like a fairly new machine... meaning it should have a gigabit ethernet port on it... meaning it should auto-switch for crossover... meaning a special crossover cable should not be necessary.

If you go into the adapter settings in Windows, does it show the adapter as being connected when the cable is plugged in (like the picture on the left)? If so, that part of the equation should be fine. If it shows "network cable unplugged", then you need a crossover (or just plug the camera into a port on your router).

Fullscreen20capture205212011208534620AM-1.jpg

After that, the camera needs to be configured to an IP on the same subnet as your laptop - for example, if your laptop's IP is 192.168.1.something, then the camera needs to be 192.168.1.something as well.

I think that first time you must plug in camera to router with dhcp enabled and then perform configurations to enter a fixed IP addres.

sorry for my english

Or you could buy an adapter link.

Do i just plug one end of the ethernet cable into an adapter link or do i need one at both ends?

If any one is laughing, i can understand---it must seem like a very much of a newbie question

[if ya can't pick it in under 2 minutes, use a drill]

Do i just plug one end of the ethernet cable into an adapter link or do i need one at both ends?

If any one is laughing, i can understand---it must seem like a very much of a newbie question

[if ya can't pick it in under 2 minutes, use a drill]

Hi you just need one on your pc end.

You just need one on your pc end.

I plugged a smartronix brand superlooper T1/E1 crossover adapter into my computer, plugged my ethernet cable into that, the other end into my camera and:

Network cable is unplugged

what is the 1st step of troubleshooting where the problem is?

Thanks

If it shows "network cable unplugged", then you need a crossover (or just plug the camera into a port on your router).

If "network cable unplugged" even with a "crossover, does that mean the "web server" part of the camera is broken?