Soundy

Delay analog signal 10s?

Have a request from a customer, they want an ID camera feed to a TV delayed by about 10s. Camera will be a CW504, so just standard NTSC video, nothing too fancy. Any suggestions?

I give it about a week before too many people are weirded out by it and they ask us to disable the delay, but what the hey, it's their money. A TV or monitor with this capability built-in MIGHT be acceptable as well.

Thanks! Wow, the AMV units are SPENDY. The Allen box might be more suitable, any idea what the MSRP is on the thing?

"Thanks! Wow, the AMV units are SPENDY. The Allen box might be more suitable, any idea what the MSRP is on the thing?"

I could not find a price either, so that usally means $$$.

They want a live delay from their ID camera to their customer-awareness monitor... record-delay isn't really an option (at least not via the DVR). I suppose a consumer PVR would work for this, but if it ever lost power, the delay would be gone - someone would have to pause it, then resume it manually.

I admit I haven't done a whole lot this kind of stuff, but it sounds like you're mostly going to be looking at equipment intended for broadcast TV functions, which is going to mean high price.

10 seconds is a very long time to buffer an analog signal without suffering severe degredation of the signal.

I doubt there is a solution much under $700. It might make sense to have a small PC with a USB video capture card and some kind of software that can just do a 10 second timeshift.

Or, buy about 5 used Tivo Series 2's on ebay. They seem to add a natural 2 second lag