Dougm

6 pin wiring for Witness 2K CCTV

I'm upgrading (slowly) my cctv system. It is a Witness 2K comprising of 4 cameras connected to B/W monitor via a 6 pin mini din. I initially wish to take just the video signal to a new dvr. Each camera has audio in and out as well as power (12V I think) and video.

Does anyone know the pin wiring for this make / type of cctv system.

I wish to keep the cameras, for now. And keep them powered from the monitor, befor obviously upgrading them. Then the monitor.

I'm upgrading (slowly) my cctv system. It is a Witness 2K comprising of 4 cameras connected to B/W monitor via a 6 pin mini din. I initially wish to take just the video signal to a new dvr. Each camera has audio in and out as well as power (12V I think) and video.

Does anyone know the pin wiring for this make / type of cctv system.

I wish to keep the cameras, for now. And keep them powered from the monitor, befor obviously upgrading them. Then the monitor.

hi. there are so many different configs for the 6 din plugs you would be best opening the cameras and looking for each connection wire that way. but you are still going to have problems with power that would have also come from the monitor. also you will not be able to use your existing monitor you might find it cheaper to buy new colour cameras.