Sign in to follow this  
liveinxs

Dream System

If money was not an issue, to some degree that is, just what would your Dream, 8 Camera, Home CCTV be comprised of...I figured this question would bring to the forefront, just what visitors to this site have on their wish list..it could be helpful in determining best components to incorporate into a future system...

There is no such thing as “A” dream system. If you read the requests for help here you will find many different wants, needs, and requirements. That is one reason the 4 and 8 camera packaged systems are such a waste of money, not counting the fact that the cameras are garbage and the dvr about the same.

You need the proper camera for the proper job, and there are many jobs that can be done around your home from watching the door, to recording license plates, to keeping track of the kids, to covert night vision, etc.

The same goes for the type of dvr, many different requirements. Some want pc based, some standalone, some linux and some knot heads want mac. And of course the list of features different people want, sending email alerts, watching from a pc, linux or mac, or specific phone, etc.

I would just like to say, that i have pretty much (apart from alarm detection) setup my dream cctv system here at home as i have a High Speed Mini Dome on the front night vision cameras (dome Vandal proof) on the front door, Drive way x 2 (split into 2 x areas) same vandal domes on the gate, entry, garden/patio, fish pond rear of sheds, and front of sheds, Ive got a dedicated micros 600 gb 16 channel dvr sprite 2 with built in CDR writer, and i also have 1 crt monitor on main output and 1 flat screen on spot monitor output, also have the dedicated micros control keyboard with built in joystick control as well, so for a domestic system id say mines quite a complex system really

front speed dome

Image616-1.jpg

dedicated micros unit and crt monitor

Image613-1.jpg

dedicated micros keyboard/joystick

Image614-1.jpg

one of the cameras that are used on the soffits boards, one of 10

dome-1.jpg

its the version/type nearest wall not the creme/beige coloured one more a silvery colour base

I would rather have a few giant schnauzer attack dogs and one camera so I could watch would be burglars

being ripped to shreds. Oh yes and in colour.

But I agree, what is a dream system in one location, can be wholly inappropriate and ineffectual in a another location

so I would say a well planned system would be my dream system.

I would rather have a few giant schnauzer attack dogs and one camera so I could watch would be burglars

being ripped to shreds. Oh yes and in colour.

yes that would be the best, watching some d'bag get his ass ripped off, i have considered dogs, but pinchers and rotts, the pinchers too catch the scum and the rotts to eat whats left...

cameras that could detect and decipher images and sounds - filter out the positive and automatically activate an AK47 rifle with precision accuracy in warranted cases - along with a korean designed net-gun automatically fired to capture a criminal when lethal force is not required.

front speed dome

Image616-1.jpg

dedicated micros unit and crt monitor

Image613-1.jpg

dedicated micros keyboard/joystick

Image614-1.jpg

one of the cameras that are used on the soffits boards, one of 10

dome-1.jpg

Wow, nice setup matie!