Sign in to follow this  
cbr1

hello to all p-lease help. Sentient login probs

Firstly hi, I am new here so hello to you all, I have read many topics here, but still feel the need for help, I purchased a Sentient 250 gb dvr from Maplin, it will login on lan, but refuses to on wan, I have checked port forwarding with pf port checker software, it tells me the p[orts are correctly forwarded, it logs on fine on lan, and although I can access the dvr login page on wan, it simply says login error, I have seen many posts here saying the same, but have found no solution yet, please help, I have spent over a week trying this including returning the dvr for a new one.

many thanks

Keith

Firstly hi, I am new here so hello to you all, I have read many topics here, but still feel the need for help, I purchased a Sentient 250 gb dvr from Maplin, it will login on lan, but refuses to on wan, I have checked port forwarding with pf port checker software, it tells me the p[orts are correctly forwarded, it logs on fine on lan, and although I can access the dvr login page on wan, it simply says login error, I have seen many posts here saying the same, but have found no solution yet, please help, I have spent over a week trying this including returning the dvr for a new one.

many thanks

Keith

Hi keith. who is your ISP and do you have a static ip. remember you cant log on to wan from your network in most cases.

Isp is virgin media, all is fine on Lan, nothing at all on Wan except the dvr login page which wont allow me to login

Isp is virgin media, all is fine on Lan, nothing at all on Wan except the dvr login page which wont allow me to login

is this your dvr ??

41DSvpXg04L_SS400_-1.jpg

ok quick update, the router is a dir 615 dlink, I have opened ports 6001 6002 6003 as stated in the manual, port 80 has been dealt with in the same way, pfport checker states all are open, shields up, after web browser testing report port 80 stealthed, same report for all other http ports ive tried to.

ok quick update, the router is a dir 615 dlink, I have opened ports 6001 6002 6003 as stated in the manual, port 80 has been dealt with in the same way, pfport checker states all are open, shields up, after web browser testing report port 80 stealthed, same report for all other http ports ive tried to.

have you pointed them to your dvr ip

yes all ports have been forwarded to the dvr internal ip

if anyone wishes to attempt to view my setup to see if they are able to then my ip is 86.20.47.247 port is still set at 80

user name is Admin

password is 888888

obviously once I have resolved this problem I will change the details !!

many thanks

i think you are going to have some problems with virgin. 1st you need a static ip which virgin will carge you for and you will also need to up your usage. your ip has already changed from the one you have listed. check with virgin first if you can view on your virgin package. and if so then you will need either a static ip from them or use a ddns service.

Unable to display page

It has not been possible to display the page you requested for the following reason:

Invalid Request. Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid.

Contact your system administrator if you continue to experience difficulties.

thanks for thr help recieved here, all is now good and the setup is working at last, I have here the updated firmware emailed from mcn or mcnl (the units manufacturer)

this has been the problem, should anyone need this please email me I will be happy to send it to you, all the best to all and thanks again

Best regards

Keith

keith.thomas80@ntlworld.com